Dual belt kit 10s2p from Diyeboard.com

Mine are like that too…I’m hoping it doesn’t affect performance

Ahh interesting im not the only one then, I haven’t tested it as im waiting for the battery package but thought id mention it since their’s a huge difference in “roll” compared to my other board.

Don’t worry, bearings take some time to break-in after that they will spin more freely.

Rear will obviously have some resistance due to the belts

1 Like

What do you use to keep the battery from moving around in its enclosure? is it safe to use the packaging foam to wedge battery so it doesn’t move?

Yes perfectly safe :slight_smile:

1 Like

is it possible to get some 110mm Rough Stuff! wheels on this kit?

Are those wheels softer than a rock? Trust me I get wanting massive wheels, but I’ve always just assumed these and the mbs wheels are hard junk? Am I mistaken here?

You would loose alot of torque with 110mm wheels. Wouldn’t recommend it

After reading your review I had to look into the lipped bearings since those aren’t used in most builds. I was wondering about availability, at a minimum you can buy extras on their website for $2 a pair.

http://www.diyeboard.com/lipped-bearing-for-our-drive-wheel-pulley-p-622.html

If I’m not wrong Jason always includes some extra spare lipped bearings with the kits. :+1:

Those bearings can be bought from other vendors too, often called flanged bearing. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Even better.

Ok thanks! what 97mm wheels? still to big?

Honestly i prefer 83mm , they are quick to turn and spin up quickly. With 83mm i can reach 42km/h, if you choose to go for 90mm you will reach 47km/h. Running bigger wheels will sacrifice torque for those hills and quick accelerations.

Another factor to keep in mind is weight, bigger wheels weighs more. My board weighs 6.2kg and its one of the lightest esk8 with this performance that i know of.

2 Likes

we have terrible roads in the uk thats why i asked about bigger wheels, ill have to try find someone who’s running a set of 97mm wheels to find out how much torque is lost and how bigger of a difference it makes.

I went from 83 to 97 and I can tell you you lose a noticable amount of torque but worth it for the comfort. My brakes actually calmed down a bit as they were supper sudden on my old board. I have some rough stuff wheels here and they feel like they will vibrate quite a bit, I will let you know when I finish my build.

1 Like

Ok I understand. I know that 90mm fits with no problem. 97 probably to but you have to revive remove belt guard.

1 Like

Well you can do what I did when I upgraded to 97’s… remove the belt guard l, fit the 97’s to the board and wrap some sandpaper/spare grip tape round the wheel then sand the belt guard down using the curve of the new wheel to get it to the right size amd shape. Should only take 10 mins each side.

2 Likes

@Bjork3n how much taxes did you pay to get the kit into sweden?

Around 25$ :slight_smile:

Lucky, had to pay 25 + 25 + 7$

25$ for them opening it, 25$ for the tax and 7$ for them to bring it out to me instead of a local pickup shop thats 30 KM Away from me.