Dual drive eMBT with differing 12S ESC firmware versions

One 12S TB ESC has firmware version: V1.00_160606 The other has firmware version: V1.00_150818

I had them both hooked up to the motors and running during a bench test (prior to frying my receiver) and they behaved differently but the differences were subtle. Basically there was a more gradual start up with the newer version (I confirmed that all settings on the programming card were the same except for two additional options on the newer version: one was sbec voltage and the other motor startup with options 10 through 65)

I’ve read a bit on the forum and believe I need to flash the latest version (something I’ve never done) but have been unsuccessful getting the file emailed from @torqueboards.

1. How important is it that the firmware be identical
  2. Does anyone else have this file? Perhaps @barajabali?

Thanks! Luke

1 Like

can you spin up a linux system and follow Vedder’s instructions copy/paste? Or you are in need of one of the windows ported tools?

My VESCs show fw 2.18 or similar, so i’m unsure of the version you listed. If you go into the tool and detect it’ll give you the x.xx format.

I don’t think this is a vesc

Thanks for your reply sl33py… These are not VESC’s. They’re: diy-electric-skateboard-kits-parts/torqueboards-12s-120a-car-esc-opto-hv/

need coffee.

carry on.

2 Likes

Hey… I just sent it to you Luke BTW.