Dual Idler belt length

I mocked up my belt system with a piece of string and is about 328mm. Should I get a 330 mm belt or a 335mm belt since I have dual idlers. Also, does anyone know someone who has those in stock that doesn’t charge an outrageous amount for shipping? In the U.S.

1 Like

I would get 340/345 max if youre going for dual idlers, depending on if theyre made from regular skate bearings or the POM ones with Janux mounts… or something else entirely

I used vbeltguys when I had my old build

1 Like

So, I got a 345 cause I thought I could make up the slack with the idlers, but it was too long. I’m using janux mounts. I posted because I really don’t want to order more belts and find out they’re too short or something.

I have dual idlers as well… But whether its 1 or 2 idlers… I loosen the idlers to their widest point and measure… Your belt should be no smaller than this as the idlers can’t be loosened any further… With that number I usually order 5mm up or to the nearest 0 or 5

1 Like

V-Belt Guys had great prices! They were having a 25% off on all timing belts and only $6.29 for shipping!

1 Like