Dual Maytech ESC

maytech sell a new dual ESC that works for belt and hubs drive setups, it’s interesting how the prices are becoming “cheaper”

New Version Dual ESC for Electric Skateboard is released. (NO FOC) MTDU30AS: US$49/pcs Detect and work with most motors in the market (Sensorless/Sensored Motor) Dual Drive speed controller, can work with 2 motors Voltage: 6-10S Lipo Cont. Current: 30A Burst current(10s): 50A Protection function: Signal loss, Over-heat, Low-voltage, over-current protection Dimension (LWH): 74.55020.5mm Weight: 98g

1 Like

Where did you find it for 49$ it shows 109$ at alli

Thanks,

I got an MTDU30A for $58 at alibaba. I like it, had a couple of issues with esc turning off when the enclosure puts some pressure over it. Solved after rearranging it’s position inside. It has an On/off switch.

Tried it with 2 83mm hub motors from maytech. and a 10s3p torqueboards battery pack.

First ride had 2 failures. don’t know if it was a signal loss or over heat.

Second ride, no problems, but battery seems to dry really fast. Made 5km with 35% of the battery. 34.5km/h top speed.

Third Ride: Tried it with just one Hub. The Hub got too hot, the rubber expanded and lost it´s anchor to the motor…
25% of battery used, range 2,5km 34.8km/h top speed.

I weight 75kg, With one Hub was a little slow on start up, but I could use it if it wouldn´t get so hot. ESC can´t be programmed. There is a

Let me know if you want me to try something with this esc!

This is all you get from Maytech:

Dual Drive speed controller, can work with 2 motors Good FOC, excellent compatible to hall sensor motor Cont. Current: 30Ax2 Burst Current:240Ax2 BEC: NONE Lipo: 6-10S PCB Size: 50x92x20mm Great start-up torque with sensor motors

3 Likes

They’ve managed to integrate a switch in to this dual VESC setup… hmmm interesting…

How is the break? I am looking for a cheap solution to a dual drive setups? this dual worth trying?. I do have 2 car esc that I can used but I need space and i can’t not stand the break sound on my old car esc.

Get a vesc and save your money. Cheaper to buy this once and also have good brakes .

? doubt it holds up considering how almost anything on FOC does. ? anyone tried them? waiting for cheap FOC to arrive but fear its not going to be 2017

1 Like

Hi, I try them, Really, it’s a cool cheap dual foc system :blush: Whit dual hub 90mm and maytech receiver it a cool combo. Im more VESC and geared system guy but … this is pretty plug&play & having fun !

1st I test my hub with vesc and gt2b, parameter around 35amps motor max & 30amps batt max bldc (vesc 4.10). Then, with the all maytech package I go 2 x 30 amps so the same in foc so. It is so compact !!! It was summer when tested with vesc and they’re so hot !!!.. When test with dualEsc is was cold weither so hard to say about that

I feels more silence oof curse, but also more powerfull (cause of my low vesc parameter setup - my bad). I really like the remote with all his led comunication (mode, Tx battery and board battery), the eco and fast mode (really really cool !!!), the reverse work instentaly and perfectly swichable. The dual esc got a powerswitch (but I add an xt90s between battery and them to be sure).

The build in receiver perfectly bind with my transmiter for eskating.eu

Some photos : a short vid :

a short ride :

For a cruiser ride style, light and powerfull enought for short ride, really good reprise of torque when you ride in fast mode, I think it is a cool setup. Plus easy to mount with just the hub to set. You could go dropthrough and in 10s 80kv 90 mm you got more than 40/42kmh ! But around 12/15Wh/km I guess (I’m 80kg, very hilly terrain), I haven’t test the range exactly …

Hope it could highlight you a bit :wink: (sorry for my frenglish)

3 Likes

Best Esk8 soundtrack ever !

2 Likes

How do you change to the fast mode? I have the same ESC but controlled with a mini remote… Is there a button or sequence you do, to go to the fast mode ?

Hey XIII, just clic once the only button and your blue (left) led flash faster = you enter in the fast mode :wink: (demo in the 1st video)

That is on the remote? But I don’t have the remote from maytech only the dual esc

Yes, so I don’t know if you could in an other way … sorry

I’m buying a single maytech 90 mm hub motor, and plan to upgrade to 2 motors eventually…

does anyone have any recommendations for which esc i should buy… perhaps one that is cheap but good quality… but I’m also willing to hear their top models… and wondering about single vs dual esc??? maytech people recommended i buy their “super vesc”

what is the best way to flash the maytech super vesc… what are best settings based on their new 90mm hub motor?

get a vesc - from maytech if you like and set it up. There are tons of videos and infos here on how to do it. If you struggle at some point, just ask

1 Like

Great work. Got the same esc and remote. However I want to bind a new record as maytech remote keeps sticking when I brake and go full throttle. Very dangerous. Do you know how I can bind/pair my old wowgo or meepo remotes as I love those. Simple and reliable. Thanks