Dual Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6354-260kv with 2 Serial Multistar High Capacity 8000mAh 6S 10C Batteries

Hey People,

I’m still learning, so please forgive my ignorance. I’m looking at building an electric ride on golf trolley. Here’s what I’m planning. Wanted to run it by the community before I buy it all and blow myself up. :blush:

2 x Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6354-260kv Brushless Outrunner Motor’s 2 x Multistar High Capacity 8000mAh 6S 10C Multi-Rotor Lipo Pack’s wired in serial connection. 2 x Maytech 50A VESC’s

Update Decided to go with the following; 2 x Turnigy Aerodrive SK3 - 6354-260kv Brushless Outrunner Motor’s 2 x ZIPPY Flightmax 8000mAh 5S1P 30C 2 x Maytech VESC’s

What does everybody think? If there’s anything you think I could improve on I’d love to hear it :slight_smile:

Thanks, Ben.

Take the higher rated batterys. 10c is really low and will cause some celldrifts. 35c or higher is recommended :+1:

2 Likes

Multistar is actually 4C constant discharge, there is a long thread on endless sphere about these crappy batteries…

2 Likes

ok awesome thanks guys any recommendations? I need to be able to travel 10 miles up and down hills so big batter is important I guess! Speed / Torque not as important.

2x Zippy 8000mah 5S is a good alternative!

Awesome thank you so much! I’ll get those two added to the order list. 2 of those in serial with the above two motors will be fine with the Maytech VESC’s right?

Maytech vescs are shit afaik.

I’ve only tried it with a single maytech VESC and 245kv, but it seems plenty capable to me, and i’ve seen a lot of others use a similar setup

what about them is shit? i ordered mine as ‘VESC’ not knowing manufacturer so it’d be handy to know potential issues

Great thanks :slight_smile: I’m looking forward to getting everything ordered and starting my build log. I’m worried I won’t have enough juice to carry me + golf clubs for 10 miles up / down hills (The average length of a golf course)

you could always add more in parallel!

I keep forgetting that hah very true. I might buy 3 just in case :smile:

If you go 10S now i would take a lower kv motor. Shouldn’t be a problem with the 260kv but you could use lower gearing ratio then.

I have no experience with them, I say they are bad as others on here have mentioned they burn out rather easily. Cheaper components, no warranty, not all manufacturerers are created equal. I’d personally go with Chaka if I bought a vesc right now

From what I’ve read around the Maytech VESC’s are supposed to be pretty good. I’ll let you know the verdict once I’ve got my hands on them. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you haven’t bought the motors I have 2 new 260s that I want to get rid of.

Don´t use 10s with such a high kv motor. Pls choose a combination listed below. Vescs are best to use with 10s systems - not too much current and not too much voltage. So I recommend 10s with 190kv.

1 Like

@TarzanHBK ok great thanks for the heads up. Would dual KEDA 63-64 190KV Brushless Outrunner 10S 2000W be ok? https://hobbyking.com/en_us/kd-53-30-high-voltage-brushless-outrunner-190kv.html

It’s like a massive sodoku puzzle, change one thing you need to re-think about everything else! :

Thanks @wmj259 but I think I’ve decided to go for a bit lower KV as a few people have mentioned them.

1 Like

haven´t heard of this model before, but should work if you have enough space to mount them in a dual configuration.