Duel Vesc with power button -battery indicator possible?

Hello! I’m starting to source parts for a second, more knowledgeable build. I want to go duel motor this time and have been looking into the FlipskyDual FSESC4.20 Plus (Based on VESC ). Going for some convenience and cost-saving, it has a built-in power button, but I was wondering if it is possible to connect a battery level indicator in this set-up. Usually, the indicator is added between the power switch and ESC as so it is not on all the time, but with the built-in button, it seems to be more of an issue. I’ve seen the short press limit switch to turn it on when you want to see it, but I was wondering if there is another way.

Side note: I’ve seen both good and bad about this ESC. I’m going for a mid-range, fun board nothing too insane, so I thought this will still workout. What do you guys think? I’m running a 10s3p pack and haven’t decided on a good pair of motors yet either, so if you have suggestions for that let me know! Thinking around 200kv would be my sweet spot. Thank you for all the help and suggestions!

the focbox unity has a special connector specifically for the LCD voltage display.

1 Like

If you go to the other forum, look up the stormcore ESC. They are making dual ESC’s that succeed the Unity, and they actually use the lights in the power switch to output the battery status. They will be around to buy later this year

Unfortunately, while i would love a unity its like twice what I’m wanting to pay.