I am again going to start a larger dialogue about BLDC motor design. Thanks to the support in my Hub Motor Design thread, we have made progress and have come to a consensus that an affordable, DIY dynamometer is in order.
The nature of this project is currently in the air. I would like to claim ownership of the designs at this point until further notice, but would like to share them with the community for feedback.
Quicky Design (5 minutes in Solidworks):
Design Goals for E-Skate (NOT MOUNTAIN BOARD) Version:
- Support for 50-120mm Wheels
- Variable Load and Logging by VESC (Probably going to wait for the 6.0 for accurate results).
- Support for BELTED and HUB drives.
- More to come. I’m busy, but I’ll keep chipping away at this.
- EASY TO MILL - Aluminum or Steel plates with bolts. Easy to water/laser cut in bulk.