E-street luge. No one done it?

That’s me. I live at the bottom of a 3.5 mile hill with a long 8% and nice 9% at the end. On a regular luge 60 mph is normal and smooth as silk. With the hubs it starts to vibrate at 50 mph. Maybe someday I will get my Carvons that I ordered 22 months ago and build one even faster. Also looking into building a belt drive that I can pop off the belts and get a down hill run with 0 resistance.

1 Like

What starts to vibrate at 50mph? The hubs? :grimacing:

hopefully its just the board…

50mph w raptor hubs? I guess u use higher voltage. U could balance the motors n I bet wouldn’t vibrate anymore. Strap a laser to the hanger n keep adding or taking material off until the laser remains a dot on the wall when motors are running on bench.

Racing a luge sounds dangerous.

U ever figure what watts are used to ride on a smooth flat road at continuous 50mph?

It’s the hubs, board is solid at 60 mph with normal trucks.

1 Like

That’s 50 coasting downhill. I wonder if Nextboard balances their hubs? Or it may be the thinner urethane that causes it. The fastest it goes on the flat is 40 mph. Actually I feel WAY safer on a luge than a longboard, I can also stop faster than a car.

1 Like

Battery location. Catastrophic energy release. Issue? In other words…Are those batteries really located where they seem to be?

This was the early stages of my electric street luge which is fully operational now, pushing 70 kph on the velodrome. Battery is a 52 - 58v 4 ah lawnmower battery, motor is a brushless DC at 1500w. The sprocket is on a free wheel which makes it glide amazingly well. I purchased the sprocket, free wheel, knobby tyre, motor and chain from TNCscooters.com.

1 Like

Here’s a vid of me going about 56 kph. Hoping to decrease drag by putting a cover over the wheel and motor so I can lay down on it and hopefully get some higher speeds. https://youtu.be/X9DW6XtToKo

1 Like

Where’d you get the parts for this and How u like it? @Riako

I like the seat and frame.

Got any video? On the hunt for something small and nimble. I guess this just uses typical skate trucks for turning? Wonder how pedals on the hanger would go. Or some other kind of turning.

1 Like

I wonder if I could make something like this using a old MBS board.

Jeep Renegade_1 Jeep Renegade_2

@sammyg whatcha think?