E-Toxx belt drive I Trampa holypro I MBS: F5 bindings + heelstraps, T2 9" tires, FiveStar hubs, MatrixII trucks I Roxxy ESC's I Turnigy: SK3 192kv motors, Graphine 6S 5000mAh 65C (wired in series for 12S)

@benjammin Yep, I keep finding myself with more weight on my back foot. Its easier when snowboarding to keep weight on my front foot as that’s the one going down. I guess practice practice practice is the only option. Thanks for the tip though, I’ll give it a go when I next get to ride.

1 Like

wat speed and milage do u get

I expect to get somewhere around 33mph. FWIU, general rule of thumb with these is somewhere around 1km/Ah. This is about right on with my 8s build. I get close to 7miles to 10Ah. Not sure if this will change with 12s or not.

yes the more volts the les amp draw

Decided to hold up on the Roxxy build for a minute. Wanna wait and see how nowind does with the caps. Make sure there aren’t anymore fires.

This is pretty much the same build, but with max6’s and MBS comp95 deck. Just waiting on the esc’s. Should be here any day now.

Setting this one up in regular stance for my daughter (with 6s batteries for now).

Had to reshape the tail a little bit to make room for the beltdrive. Wheels are MBS roadies w/rockstar II hubs.

5 Likes

Hey Ben. Shaped Tip is looking good…

Filled up the first Roxxy today with epoxi, have to wait 48h now… hope to get it out of the cast again …

With the epoxi mod you loose all waranty claims ! I would advise to add an capacity bank like the “YGE 9 Caps” , this can only help with long battery wires and will not influence the warranty.

Also i advise to use some shock absorbing piece by mounting the ESC. You can do like a “sandwich” for Example : 2 pieces carbon fibe plate, between some foam rubber, glued together. Now you can screw the lower plate to the deck and using some double sided tape to fix the ESC to upper plate… Hope you know what i mean

Cheers

1 Like

@Nowind

Hey Jenso, Thanks for the info. Looking forward to seeing how the epoxi mod comes out.

Cheers

Belt drive’s smooth as butter compared to chain, and the 6s batteries are nice and easy for beginners. Really looking forward to getting the 12s setup going :slight_smile:

4 Likes

IMO, the Matrix2 trucks are the way to go. They’re lighter than Trampas, capable of a much larger range of motion and the adjustment screws are on the bottom so the speed controllers don’t get in the way. Can’t speak for the Flames though. Those things look pretty sick.

2 Likes

How do you rate these batteries? I’ve heard mixed reviews on them, thinking about running the same packs but 6000mah.

@Sictrampa

They’ve only gone through a couple cycles. Can’t really give 'em much of a rating at this point. I hope they hold up. Fkn expensive enough.

1 Like

What’s the run time on 12s?

This was a great read! :+1:You may have inspired me to go with the MBS trucks when I eventually start my build.

2 Likes

has the MATRIX II hanger, a similar shape hanger than the MATRIX II PRO ? on the photos it seems the same.

They are both complete identical from the truck shape! Difference is the Pro comes with harder shocks and a hollow steel Axle. Cheers

2 Likes

@Sictrampa

Haven’t really done anything with the 12s build for a minute. Got a 12s7p on the way from barajabali though. Run time should be pretty awesome I hope, plus the battery wires will end up shorter this way (trying to avoid using caps).

@JLabs

Thanks man, yeah these MBS trucks are the shit. I swapped out the bushings though in my other board, the one with Trampa trucks, and it actually turns now :sweat_smile: Think I must’ve messed one of 'em up when I was first putting it together. Turns like a champ now though. Was just out for a night ride :smiley: Trying to get it in before the rain hits again.

The matrix trucks have been cool though for when people ride in 6s, it’s easy to switch to yellow shockblocks to loosen up the steering for slower riders. And, if anyone’s crazy enough to hit a rail on one of these things, they have an even grind surface too :smiling_imp:

2 Likes

Been waiting on these cap banks to come in the mail for almost two months. Went ahead and set it up with max6s and 8s for now:

6 Likes

Love the beltdrive :heart_eyes: Matrix trucks are a little shorter than Trampa though, so I’m gonna have to mount the ESCs in a different configuration so they don’t rub.

4 Likes

Apologies @trampa for the unfair comparison though. Board’s been riding great since swapping out the bushings.

Had a few people ask about the tires. They’re a good half inch wider too.

I’m thinking maybe better suited for 12s though.

3 Likes