E-TOXX motor mounts : Trampa holypro : ultimate trucks : primo alpha 8" tires : superstar hubs : MBS F5 bindings w/Trampa heelstraps : Turnigy SK3 192kv : Turnigy nano-tech 8S : Hobbywing max6

What kind of led lightbar are you using for the headlight?

I was looking into getting a couple of these but yours looks more professional.

@GloStix It looks about 4 inches wide, could be a rc car led light bar?

Iā€™m trying to find a small compact solution my self and are still undecided, iā€™d be interested what solution benjammin ended up with and if it is 6v or 12v?

edit: the battery looks smallā€¦

Yup, thatā€™s the one. Could be a little brighter, but overall Iā€™ve been happy with it. Been having a blast riding at night with this thing.

Batteryā€™s 11.1V:

@GloStix @Cobber

1 Like

Some video from earlier today. Got stopped by the popo for trying to cross the bridge :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Last time I ride on that side of the trail on a Sunday. Way too many people. Board actually tops out at 30mph, then as the batteries deplete drops down to 28. Feels so slow after riding 12s though :worried:

6 Likes

Nice to see a good carving ride :wink:

You got enough slack on your chain? it still sounds very tense (hard to tell in video but sounds like I do 1stly).

Good ride :v:

1 Like

Thanks man! Yeah, one of the chains could probably be a little looser.

Sounds like you need better quality chains. Surprised they would stretch so fast. Do you keep them well lubricated?

@CosmicCharlie

If youā€™re referring to my comment earlier on in the thread about having to regularly tighten the chain, I initially assumed it was supposed to be kept tight for some reason. No problems since keeping slack.

As far as lubricant, Iā€™ve been using a synthetic wet product (Finish Line) that seems to attract too much dirt, appearing to make the chain tighten due to less motion between links. I think the chain quality is fine otherwise though.

I know motorcycle chains - was just wondering about the small ones you are using. Nice build btw.

@CosmicCharlie

Thanks man! The chain is ISO-5 (was an upgrade from the ones I had at first). Not as beefy as the what Riako is using though iirc.

Did ya need an upgrade again? Got the first ISO-06 parts readyā€¦ massive :wink:

1 Like

@Nowind

Nice! Think if I go anywhere from here though, itā€™s gonna be direct drive.

Got my heart set on a street carver, with MBS trucks and bindings. Think Eboosted crushed my dreams of building a flexible pack anytime soon though. That thing made your little firework show look like a 12-year-old girl with a sparkler in comparison. I dig riding these things and whatnot, but Iā€™d like to keep the three-piece set intact if at all possible :wink:

1 Like

I am building a flexible pack again, as soon as the parts arrive Iā€™ll dissect the crispy board and will analyze every possible cause, this time Iā€™ll use longer silicone wires to connect each individual pack and grommets between each section, Iā€™ll also make my own enclosure to avoid any movement of packs so no force could bend the nickel strips.

Iā€™m going to build the Phoenix e-Board with Trampa HS11 deck, ultimate 16" trucks, 107mm evolve wheels and custom enclosure.

1 Like

@Eboosted

Nice! Cool name :+1:

I too like the look of the MTB deck over the carver. Iā€™m set on Matrix2 trucks though for this next build, and the narrow wheel base looks a little wonky with the wider deck imo.

1 Like

:joy:

Shiet, I would have pulled my dick out too if I saw your board, itā€™s sexy asf :sunglasses:

1 Like

Thanks man, thatā€™s hella funny :joy:

1 Like

Hey Ben,

i really felt in love with the sensored shit. Its just another levelā€¦ so if its an option for you go for it.

213kv, 1:4 , 8inch, 8S is okay but maybe not the optimum I think you get high temps from cogging runned some time with MAX6 and Alien 240KV and 1:5 gearing. Slow startup was good, fast startup not possibleā€¦ by lots of starts from standstill the motors gain temperatures quicklyā€¦ maybe 130kv sensored 10-12s could be sweet

grease coming outā€¦ well if its not much i would not careā€¦ or you think the lid is damaged? Maybe the grease is to thin could be an option too Just let me know

Cheers

1 Like

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I gotta bite the bullet here and bump up to a sensored vesc6 setup at some point. Those smooth startups on hills are ridiculous.

Itā€™s not much grease coming out really. Iā€™ll just keep an eye on 'em. Give 'em wipe every now and again.

Cheers!

1 Like