EAGLE ONE | Carvon Single v2.5 | VESC | SCP3 (10S3P) | Nano-X Remote | Woodstock 38" | Metr.at VESC Moniter Thing

:fearful: wow! You have a quality receipe here! You’ll be happy you got the 38" deck with a larger wheel base. I went from a 38" to a small deck and smaller wheel base. I can say I feel much safer when going at high speeds with the one that had the larger wheel base. Thanks for sharing the thread on the VESC monitor, this is my first time hearing about it. Good luck with the build and please do keep your thread updated :calling:

Hey @Esrapp21 , Looks like your build is coming along great. I also have most of my parts, just waiting for the motor from Jerry. If it says, “shipping label created, usps awaiting item,” it probably means they haven’t shipped it yet. I had the same issue and contacted Jerry, and he said his assistant forgot to ship it out. His customer service was actually great and he gave me an extra set of wheels for free. Looking forward for everything to arrive and putting it together! Nick

1 Like

Yeah, he does have great customer service. I did the same exact thing and reached out to him, and he said it was miss postaged, so it went out the next day. But I didn’t get an extra set of wheels… :expressionless:

Thats great that he sent it out! Unlucky about the wheels!

Ok, so I have all the parts. This is my current VESC settings. With a space cell 10s3p and single Carvon hub, what settings should I change?

Keep in mind I want a gradual acceleration and somewhat gradual breaks

Ok, so after a bit of research I changed motor max to 80 and batt max to 30. I was wondering which setting I could adjust for more gradual acceleration. It seems from when I press the throttle barely and full power, it doesn’t make a difference. I haven’t gotten a chance to ride it yet, this is just info from my VESC monitor thing, so the riding resistance might play a role in the varying speeds. Will post update in a few days, but in the mean time, gradual acceleration setting?

When you’re just bench testing the throttle is more like an on off switch. But when you’re riding and there’s weight on the board the throttle will be more gradual

1 Like

Ok, so an update: First ride on my board (and any esk8 ever): That was the coolest thing in the world. It went plenty fast, and was awesome. I forgot to record the VESC monitor thing, but the board is charging and hopefully I can get one more ride in today. One concern: there was a good amount of speed wobbles. And fix for that?

Tighten your trucks, get harder bushings, spread your stance. Any of those help.

I tightened my trucks, probably a little too much, and widened my stance and it is much better. I will upload my VESC Moniter file later. Over the weekend I’ll ride a lot more and give a more comprehensive review of the board.

Good to know. If you still get wobble try some harder bushings. Any skate shop will have them.

You shouldn’t have any issues with speed wobbles with the stock Carvon setup once you tighten the trucks down. You want to make sure that when you are standing on your deck, you have a smooth level of increasing resistance from center to lean vs. a loose pivot part way followed by resistance from your bushings. The tighter your bushings are, the more stable you will be. When you’re first getting used to your board, more resistance is better. I’ve been skating for decades and whenever I get a new deck, I still keep my bushings extra tight until the board starts to feel natural. Once you get used to your board and having a motor on it, you’ll be able to loosen up your trucks quite a bit and still feel very stable.

If you want more stability combined with a good turning radius, I recommend double barrel bushings. It will help keep your trucks centered.

1 Like

Ok, so I’m going to do the Schuylkill loop, which is about 9 miles. I’m pretty sure the board can make it that far, but what are some tips to maximize range?

9 miles should be no prob. I can do that with hills and still have 40% - 60% battery life left. If you want to increase range, give a couple pushes when starting from a stop and make sure you start up hills with a fair amount of speed. If you hit a down hill grade, tuck and let gravity take over. Avoid rough pavement.

With a little pushing here and there when starting off and going up Long up hills, I’ve gotten 30miles out of a charge.

Geez, what’s your setup?

Basically the same as yours. I think the only major difference is the Benchwheel Remote and Ollin VESC.

If I’m not trying to save any on battery power, I generally have around 25%+ left in my battery pack after 9 or so miles. Lots of stops and starts, rough streets, powering up steeper grades…

Today I was riding on pretty flat ground at around 15 mph and started to lose control. I instinctively started the breaks, but ended up flying, then sliding on the ground. I was whereing this helmet and it pretty much saved me from a concussion. Just a reminder that even going slow on a flat road subjects you to injury.

Some beautiful grip tape art.

1 Like

@Esrapp21 What range do you get on your 10s3p setup ?