Ebike build project

Yeah can just edit this to include more details as you find them ideally link to components so we don’t have to guess on what is what.

If you search for “build thread” on the forum here you’ll find some examples where people list out all the components in one post (motor, battery, esc, BMS if applicable, charger, safety gear, control… everything so you can see if something is missing or some components won’t work well together)

Try to keep the power wires from the battery to the esc as short as possible, this will help reduce strain on the esc that could make it blow in a bike application. and / or add additional capacitors to the esc.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip mate.

I think that at this point I built the most advanced Ebike with VESC and RC motor. You can find everything about that build here: https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=90432 The most difficult part of using RC motor with bicycle is reduction of RPM of your motor to RPM of pedals or rear wheel. I recommend you to sell the motor you have and go with hub motor. If you have hills to deal with get a 2 speed hub motor. This will be your best setup for a commuter Ebike. Right now I’m building something like that for my son. Let me know if you need more info. Good luck.

2 Likes

Wow! Just wow! Tottaly Pro job. I could go that way, but it will cost me a lot more, because if i order a kit like that from outside EU, i will pay almost half the price on custom taxes. I don’t know if i can find a used one though.

I’m sorry to tell you this but this not a kit. I just made it for myself. I spent on it about $2000 and I made most of aluminum parts by myself. You can get 2 speed hub motor with controller and some other stuff from China.

It will cost you $250 including shipping.

You will also need to buy a battery with charger for $350 including shipping. Also from China. https://unitpackpower.en.alibaba.com/product/60469545598-800342742/13S4P_akku_rechargeable_e_bike_battery_48v_li_ion_battery_48v_11_6ah_NCR18650_PF_cell_.html So, for about $600 you will be able to convert your bike to Ebike and it will work. I just don’t know how much your government will ask you to pay for having all that. In the US nothing.

2 Likes

In Greece…everything!

I finally got a dlux esc 60A, for now. I also found some cheap ( for me at least), hrb lipo batteries that are rated to 50c discharge. Is 50c to much or I can use them?

What is this??

Sorry, I meant too much…

Haha, I didn’t mean to correct your grammar. Trust me, I have a lot of grammar mistakes myself. What I meant was; Its never too much batteries!! The 50c will help you a lot with voltage sag (If the batteries have a capacity of 5Ah or so).

So, more is better, is that right?

YESS!!! 10 Char

What is “10 Char”?

The forum won’t let you write a post if it has less than 10 characters…

@FredrikHems Omg i am a huge noob! I think this sendence is more than 10 char… Anyway, when i’ll get all the parts needed, i wil post pics of the progress, thanks for the tips! Question about gear ratio, how do i determine what gear ratio i need? I want to ride a 4klm distance with 1.5% elevation grade, without pedaling. And also, what is better option, belt or chain drive?

2 Likes

A small update, I will build a hub motor ebike finally, so I will sell the motor and the esc I bought. I can’t post the ad though.

1 Like