EBOARDING LIVE #003 - Hubs v Belts v Direct

allright, so exactly like our “ehhh…” in french :slight_smile:

1 Like

yet for some reason when the french do it, it seems as if the speaker is somehow more sophisticated, more thoughtful. When an american does the “andum… and uh… errah… like…” we sound like the typical native buffoonery.

Why is that?

that’s actually fairly simpel, if I manage to explain it well enough. So lets call them fillers. In french we don’t use words mostly, it is an “ehh” / “ènnn” or “uuee”. So it is firstly not as noticable and obvious. Secondly melody plays a huge part of that language, hence the amount of special characters. So a confident speaker, will fluently hold the rythm and the melody and subconciously choose the right filler if he needs a split second to continue. Giving the illusion of a continious monlogue. It also helps that the sounds are similar to most comon expressions so they feel nantural in use and hearing them.

English speakers who abuse like, destroy every rythm american english ever had. They add a word that doesn’t fit within the context of the sentence since “like” as a word is actually well defined, so hearing it as a non native speaker confused the shit out of me. Why not use a sound or at least " well" / “emmm”/ “soo”. Why like ?

2 Likes

so what you’re saying is that if i for example, instead of speaking in a normal rhythm, simply rapped everything and, when confronted with the challenge of presenting a well articulated word choice started beat boxing and essentially “dropped the bass” when i found the words, people may be less off put by the interjection of a gap into my stream of consciousness.

6 Likes

exactly what we need. everything we say needs to be a nasty freestyle

1 Like

so hold up i got a question what’s up with that suggestion hubs got more bottom end let me mention…

boooooooooom da bah booooooooom ba da rummba rummba

belts bitches that’s what i’m pressin in this lesson session the re will be no…

braaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahng brum rum brum dat tata boom

concession.

yeah i like that better, lets all start doing that.

4 Likes

i assure you that 90% of the US population does it. I cant stand it haha

1 Like

haha man,

well, If you were to listen to english speaker and only focus on rythm and melody you will often find that well articulated poeple go hand in hannd with the above mentioned.

Think of “like” as dropouts from your remote. Fucks the whole flow up. This flow is so much more important than one might think in spoken language.

Also if you ever need help with your beatboxing skills let me know. Free coaching session via discord or whatever ahaha :joy:

Ps: I actually give workshops in beatbox and loopstations :slight_smile:

2 Likes

the flow is filled with subconscious triggers, much like everything else we do.

people only need to search when they’re in unfamiliar territory.

your brain wants to know why they’re in unfamiliar territory, even if you don’t care.

video bro…

2 Likes

unghh. Mayby. If I feel like it and have time to go to the studio tomorrow.

Gimme 2 of all of them for autenticity and proof, that how I did it ages ago.

• genre
  • instrument
  • covers ?

or did you mean from a workshop ?

So back in the 80’s there was this breed of females called Valley Girl. It was caused from an acid dropping experiment by the government that went wrong from the generation before. What your seeing is Valley Girl fallout. The son’s and daughters of the Valley Girl, lost souls of syntax, like what ever. https://youtu.be/271ysXfAV9k

3 Likes

i live in THE valley

1 Like

To laggy to watch :frowning:

Wait !!! WHAT!!!

Larry Simpson is like a Stone Fox…

1 Like

I didn’t notice anything?