Eboards of the Future 2030 - What Tech & Features will be common?

Robotic horses maybe…

I think if anything’s going to push this industry forward and accelerate things suddenly, it’s not going to be Google. It’ll be Tesla.

Tesla and SolarCity’s mission is to move humanity towards sustainable transport. That’s why they make amazing electric cars and put Solar Recharging Stations all around the country.

I have no doubt that the Tesla car super fast chargers can be repurposed with a transformer or some equivalent for the use of e-board/scooters. It would all be 100% sustainable too, as the Solar Charging Stations actually use solar panels. Electric vehicles are here to stay, even in a zombie apocalypse.

If we want the industry to move forward and into the mainstream, we need align ourselves to Tesla’s mission and get assimilated into their programme.

So lets hit up Elon for a custom pack.

Now that you put it this way, it actually makes a lot of sense. Tesla’s (mostly Elon) is always looking for more PR. Make a sick ass fuck build similar to a Tesla Model S, put a Tesla logo on it and spread it all over the Interwebs with rumours it’s in development at Tesla, then come out later to say it was a just some douchebag photoshoppers putting a Tesla logo on it and spreading rumours. Might get to his ear.

Or we could just email him.

1 Like

The man builds rockets, battery plants, and electric cars. If he’s not up for a rapid charge skate cell, then he’s not the man i currently idolize in my head.

1 Like

easy !

an eboard with several r/c jet engines . can ride above disgusting cars and bikes and lorries and buses . all you need is jet engine fuel !

that’s eboard with steroids .

U guys are all forgetting about Lexus they all ready built a hover board!

Wireless power/charging while riding.

Brushless motor are creating a magnetic field when they are powered, this will make you go forward. But there is another magnetic power that just goes lost. In nowadays technology we are able to charge devices wireless at about max 10cm distance from the transmitter.

Let’s say that the motor is your transmitter, you only would need a receiving circuit to catch the magnetic field of the motor. Depending on how powerfull the field is (Battery output) you could get a percentage of that power back!

Wow that sounds epic. Building a motor cover that can gain energy from the magnetic field produced by the motor.

Titanium or carbon fiber motor cans/stators with layered graphene coils. We will see 15kw in a 5050 size. Heat wont’ be an issue because graphene cells will allow us to stack them like rolls of coins, and therefore use something like 60s10p (2220V?). Rapid charge using the Tesla charge stations will take seconds, most places you go will have a room with shelves for wireless trickle charging, along with under the sidewalks and street at every stoplight. RFID tags combined with GPS and Global Satellite Wifi Connectivity will allow every vehicle to have full specs accessable in an instant, meaning that Autopilot cars will KNOW your top speed, braking power, rider weight, etc for safety purposes.

And the best part is that ALL of the electronics will fit into a flexible rectangle or series of squares about the size of our current cell phones, and you’ll just take the trucks/wheels and Powersquare to a local shop and have a whole new deck 3d printed around it using bio-plastic made from hemp fibers (that you totally grow in your backyard… legally… maybe.)

We will still have belts that rip though. Hub motors have no future in esk8.

2 Likes

Exactly, if the output is high enough it might even charge the batteries up.

How about self cooling motors using thermoelectric motor cans? I don’t know enough about them to know if this is feasible at all, but it’s an interesting concept.

If you get an aluminum tube to use as a motor cover, you could probably bend a peltier to sit inside and create a cold air pocket, almost touching the motor can. A 12v/100w peltier is under 9A, so you could use a BEC to power it, but it creates a lot of heat, so you’ll need the outside of the tube covered in heat sinks. The added weight wouldn’t be worth it unless you have about 6kw in your drive system. This would be really good for a scooter with >50 mile range though.

You can probably get a mini fridge with a 12v peltier from any thrift shop or just find it thrown away near some college dorms, just look for the computer fan on the inside. Most of those have the power supply bolted directly above the external heat sink, and since heat rises, the power supply dies fast. Thanks for the parts China! I’ve considered a peltier for ESC cooling already, but I lack the tools to build something like that.

A peltier on each of the flat sides of an old Evolve motor would be neat to see.

2 Likes

Wye-Delta switch integrated into the VESC or some other piece of electric hardware, making the board a two speed electric drive / transmission. For low speed you would remain in a wye termination, so you have high torque, and once you reach a certain speed or some other criteria, the hardware would automatically change to delta termination so you get higher top speed, top end.

Segmented stators allow for a higher copper fill with compressed windings, increasing motor efficiency.

The winding wire is made more electrically conductive by using silver plated copper which increases motor efficiency and, power.

Higher density cells.

MCU that everything will plug into which allows it to monitor the battery, ESC’s, BMS, motors, and anything else, so the board operates with maximum efficiency.

ESC’s that can handle higher voltage than 12s.

Those seem to be the most likely innovation. I especially want to see the Wye-Delta two speed developed, would be so cool to have a motor that starts out at 80kv giving great torque, then it just auto switches over to delta at 139kv so you’re top speed can be much higher if desired.