Eleanor | 39" drop through | Caliber 2 | 190KV Torque Boards | DIY Electric Skateboard Mount | 12S3P | VESC

Hey bro, if you’re in the U.S, I reccomend buying your focboxes from either @longhairedboy (http://longhairedboy.com), @JLabs (buildkitboards.com), or @evoheyax (rocket-boards.com). They’re all certified so you’ll get your warranties and everything

Your performance for this board will be like riding a rocket, especially on that 12s3p with dual 6374. I hope you have good skating experience

Well your motors and focboxes are sensored so I don’t see a reason why you shouldn’t, there isn’t anything but advantages, especially with smooth startups. I run them sensored.

I would stay away from FOC on 12s

2 Likes

FROM ENERTION site: Warranty

60 Days for self-installed applications

1 Year if installed by enertion technicians

Optional 1 Year Platinum Warranty Only $39USD

Platinum Warranty covers any faults & user error

EDIT; actually looks like warranties are on sale use to be $50

1 Like

Hey thanks for all the input but now I’m slightly confused. I understand the BLDC and FOC are simply modes on most VESC’s and ESC’s. FOC is quiter and smoother with acceleration. I was planning on using FOC. Why would @Apolo not recommend it with the 12S?

@ryanflick btw… if you get our 12s4p (xt90 end connector) you’ll need a special connector to turn XT90 into 2x XT60s for FOCBOX. just fyi.

1 Like

12s is too high of a voltage. FOC is known to destroy vescs when it’s put through too many erpms or volts. A focbox is your best soldier though. I think @Deckoz runs foc on 13s but i reccomend staying safe with bldc at 12s

Certified means they’re on the list which can be found at the top left of the site “CERTIFIED FOCBOX SUPPLIERS”

Yup, I was planning on getting Enertion’s FOCOBOX. What do you think of thaht?

Yeah, like this:

products/dual-esc-xt90-parallel-connector

1 Like

Risky, but go for it if you’re not going to smash down some hills

@ryanflick that’s 2x1 for XT90… FOCBOX is XT60. You’ll need to make a custom connector.

So is the 12s4p a male XT90?

I have the option to change the focbox to XT90 for you so you don’t have to make your own adapter. I just got fresh stock in as well. @Apolo thanks for the shout!!

You can find more info here: https://buildkitboards.com/products/focbox

4 Likes

I’m running FOC at 12S right now. Its great. And quiet.

2 Likes

But you’re lhb

2 Likes

I live in Florida so not really a possibility:joy:

What’s ihb?

Great man. I’ll take a look. Does it still come with Enertion’s warranty?

Yes it does! :blush:

Lhb= @longhairedboy

Pretty sure he’s in Florida too so he would be your best supplier for focbox or anything else.