Electric Flexboardz

Cool thanks for updates!

Have u thought about just teaming up with someone else?

Guy like Etoxx could surely help, just depends how much his time is worth and if he is interested in such concept at all…

His latest creations are rather impressive, i must say.

Speaking about his aluminium skate style trucks and his wheels here.

1 Like

Thanks Okami to remember me and for being impatient…

Yes, progresses have been slow and painful, with limited means (and no means at all during lockdown) but I had to fix the frame details first.

After that, I’m ready to work with everybody…

Btw, here is the first carve of the E-Flex (transmission is still too approximative to move loads).

Obviously, RTC needs to be fine tuned too.

1 Like

Here is a picture of everything packed together and ready to move (the electric stuff is not really spectacular(you can see the motors on the right side)

1 Like

Few pics with 9" wheels and 8" wheels.

1 Like

I forgot to post this video about my “bricolage” about transmission (as people generally do not watch video, the weird stuff is in the upper part of the screen):

1 Like

Improving the gear position/line up. Not yet swiss quality but hopeful.

1 Like

Pictures of the whole stuff packed together, (supposed) to be ready for rolling (riding will need additional finetuning).

Motor side :

other side :

1 Like

First meters…not confortable with the remote.

2 Likes

It’s getting closer from a board…

1 Like

Working on the internal gear carters (using letfovers from shorter deck…)

1 Like

Wires are either too short (remote, switch, charger) or too long…and the Y between the esc is a real headache. It can’t even lay flat and take a lot of space.

Dismantling, cleaning, adjusting…

1 Like

That’s really neat. Any chance we could get more photos of the underside?

Whoops, now I see the photos. They weren’t loading at first.

1 Like

In summer, boards get shorter…

1 Like

I had also to cut the aluminium bottom.

Now it’s time to reassemble everything, hoping that everything will lineup and fit.

One of the rare moment, I regret the trucks/deck design as you don’t have to worry about such problem…

1 Like

Quick update : the deck has been shortened/finetuned and the rtc is showing great progresses (I need to get more rubber/PU).

The E-Flex is ready to ride except that my remote seems defective : everything works as I tested with Vesctools but the throttle has no effect on motors…under investigation.

2 Likes

https://www.lee13.net/trampa-i-drive-e-mountainboard

Found this gem, might be useful

HI Okami. Thanks for the link!

Hopefully, such gears will be easily available soon …

1 Like