Electric Roller Skates 2 FOCBoX 4.1, 12S Battery, 2x 6374 190kv (Battery in backpack)

That’s huge. I think. Not sure what ur saying. I’d think small n light be ideal. Do u ride them much?

Daamn that’s great looks so fun. U have a video of u riding then?

And are those 6374s?

Yes it is ! Looking forward to the video too, will be huge for sure. Curious to see how you’ll ride them !

Video here!!!

6 Likes

I hope you have atleast 1.7 focboxes, just in case canbus disconnects.

3 Likes

All battery inside backpack Trekking. Very comfortable. Yes . I ride a lot …:wink::wink::wink::wink::wink::wink:

2 Likes

Awesome!! Impressed by your superior idea.

Can we get some pics of the backpack battery? I’m looking for ideas…

2 Likes

You’re a mad genius! :joy::+1:

1 Like

Not sure traction control is the way to go, when roller skating, you often have only one foot on the ground only, and having traction control might surprise you when going on a sidewalk

This is insane. I love what you have done! Do you planning on riding them like regular rollerskates? (Side to side motion like skating)

Or just standing stance with both feet on the ground at all times?

2 Likes

3 Likes

My friend. …(sorry my bad English)

when there is an irregularity on the ground and a skate jumps … it is very important that when the floor is touched again the wheel is not accelerated. It is much more controllable. I speak to you because I have experienced it. I roll a lot. I have tried rear traction. more comfortable but more insecure. With rear-wheel drive you can get both feet in the air and fall on your ass. Very easy with gas errors. With front-wheel drive the faults only lift the tip of the skates and automatically stop having traction. contrary to, the front wheel drive tends to turn the skate a bit. Remember that there is only one wheel drive. There are four for each skate. It is different if they are the inner wheels. It is different if they are the outer wheels. the ideal after experimenting would be. traction on a front wheel and traction on a rear wheel. These must be opposite and on each skate. 4 engines for it. coming soon …

4 Likes

Yes. Like a downhill Everytime…

2 Likes

If you lift a foot while rolling, will both of the motor stop accelerating or just the one with no resistance (the one in the air) I get why you don’t want to have a super fast spinning wheel when touching the ground

1 Like

The speed of the freewheel is equal to the speed of the wheel in contact with the ground. They are always synchronized, With traction control. This is traction control!!!. if a wheel treads in the wet it will not accelerate more.

without traction control the wheels rotate independently. It’s not funny hahahaha. you can try at home braking a wheel with your hand and give it gas. the other wheel will go at the same speed what you brake with your hand. It is interesting for longboards too.

:sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile::sweat_smile:

1 Like

Awesome build. I had a discussion on here with someone about this same idea with the battery pack in a back pack. So awesome to see someone build it.

As I see the video, I was wondering if you could improve the stability by making the platform longer by 6 inches or more. Then you could use two wheels per skate, but a fatter wheel like a 97 or bigger.

The motor could be above the platform and less likely to get scratched and you could go faster safer.

Edit.

Thought about it some more. If you make the platform longer, you could put the wheels on the end and only need two wheels per skate, lower the shoe to the platform a few millimeters giving you a little better balance. Make the front side of the platform long enough to fit each motor and esc, then you would only need the battery in the backpack.

The skates would look like short skis with wheels, but I think they would be easier to control under power. If the skates are lighter, it would it easier to jump and easier to adjust to obstacles.

Going fast on quad skates is pretty crazy. blades are safer for sure if going fast. I skate a lot without motors. I used to do long distances. Never circles w others at the rink. Grocery shopping is awesome and 8 years now Safeway down the street hasn’t said a word even with their security guard there. Whole Foods I’ve never made it more than feet before the guard freaks.

years ago dan, forget name here, put two small hubs on quads n for sure was way over powered. One tiny motor even top speed of 10mph seems more appropriate

3 Likes
6 Likes

I can’t imagine trying to bail with weights on my feet.