Electric SHORTBOARD Proyect - needed advise - complete proyect

You’ll need to purchase an sbec/ubec so that is an added expense and I’m not sure anyone has tried this one out yet so it’s not a proven choice, but you may as well be the first. If it performs at 8 to 12s like it says you’ll be set. Just know, that you are going to occasionally pull more amps than it is rated for. Give it a shot!

I remember seeing reports of those DLux Esc’s catching fire. Why not get a VESC ?

I’m not english (you probably have realised that) and I’m not sure to be able to understand all about VESC, to be able to build and program it. I’ve looked on the VESC web and it seemed just madness for me.

I’ve found this one http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__38782__TURNIGY_K_Force_120A_HV_OPTO_V2_5_12S_Brushless_ESC.html It seems quite similar to the one that torqueboard sells. I’m not able to buy torqueboard’s one because shipping to spain will double its cost, bust this one can be easily delivered. 120A, max of 180 5-12s cells Even the pic seems similar to it! Has someone tried this?

@psychotiller If I push more ampers than the ones it is rated for (100A), won’t it blow up the motor, which is rated for 80A?

those red brick ESC’s are CRAP. Avoid at all costs. get the car ESC http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store/__77145__HobbyKing_174_8482_X_Car_Beast_Series_ESC_1_8_Scale_150A.html

You’d probably burn up the esc first

1 Like

he loads rc car firmware onto it because the stock firmware is for airplanes or helicopters; it just doesn’t work well for eboards.

@lowGuido Have you (or anyone else) tried this esc? The webpage says it only work with 4 poles motors. Will it run the NTM 5060 motor, or the sk3?

I have it running an SK3. I cant see why it wouldn’t work with the NTM

I think that because it is a car ESC it is assumed that you would be using an inrunner motor. and that is what they are referring to when they say 4 pole only, meaning that it is not compatible with 2 pole inrunners. getting useful information out of hobbyking can be futlie sometimes.

I may (not sure yet) change to sk3, because to keep inside the budget I will make it single drive, so that motor gives me higher torque running alone than the NTM. So if I have your word that it works probably I will run this one

Sneaky advertisements are sneaky…

You have got to be kidding me… If we wanted prebuilts, we wouldn’t be building our own. This makes the third time I’ve seen this tonight. And no less on threads where they’re building their own board.