Electric Sportster - Dual Hub Electric Longboard Project | Torqueboards Dual 75kv Hub Motors | 12s2p Li-Ion | Ackmaniac Extended BLDC Tool, Cruise Control, FOC

Nice, how do those hub motors perform?

Yeah im also interested how those hubs perform

@Lobap @adamm The hubs work great and can do really well up hills! (on a 12s battery btw) I just don’t know how to connect the sensor wires to the vesc since it’s a different connector and different number of wires :’( So I’ve been using them sensorless FOC.

1 Like

How is there startup ability from a stop? and what top speed do you get on 12s?

I always kick start to prevent jerking forward. And I haven’t measures top speed yet.

Cool, I’m after my first build and I like those hubs from @diyeboard

I need it to commute between home/train/office so urban scenario (good pavement but many dumps, hope to be able to sort them out), not very hilly thought .

Did you get a kit from the website? This one is a bargain, not sure if its the same you have: http://www.diyeboard.com/dual-hub-motor-9052mm-1000w75kv-power-truck-front-truck-kit-p-558.html

Then I will face same issue than you about sensor wires, I have a couple of FOXBOXes on their way to Spain.

Yes that’s the one I got, and right now it looks cheaper than what I got it for :slight_smile:

Yeah, I read on his thread they have applied some discounts for Christmas .

I want to hit the button but… it says 43€ shipping costs! omg

Top speed? Do they get too hot on long rides? Max distance with the 12s? Thanks!

If you want to run sensored, give these a try products/vesc-sensor-wires

I’ve been using them for hybrid BLDC and they work great.

Do that work with FOCBOX as well? If so, I will order the hubs straight away!

I already had those because I used to have the torqueboards hubs, but they don’t work with the diyeboard hubs.

The sensor wires don’t have compatible connectors, I might have to try just connecting the wires directly in different configurations :stuck_out_tongue:

@diyeboard Jason, can you help us with this? Thanks in advance.

About how long did it take for the battery pack from torque boards to come in?

7 to 8 days to So Cal

sure, we can give you coupon code for charging you less when you check order out. i message you the coupon code.

1 Like

@diyeboard Is it possible for you to send me a coupon code as well? Ordering a ton of parts from you guys in the next week or so (motor, motor mount, battery vesc, pullys/belts, and remote). Let me know!

you can message me or email me for the kits and parts you need, so we can give you coordinate coupon code. Regards, Jason Email: [email protected] Store: www.diyeboard.com DIYEboard.com is your ultimate source for high quality and high performance Electric Skateboard and DIY parts.

1 Like

Does anyone think there would be a problem mounting non hub motors like a 6374 and a li ion 10s4p or 12s4p the Sportster 33? I need to know if I should try to cancel my order.

The only worry would be the ground clearance (for the batteries) and board clearance (for the motors if you’re not reverse mounting them) if you’re making it with the trucks mounted drop-through. And just make sure your trucks are long enough if you’re trying dual 6374.

1 Like