EleSk8 Receiver | The receiver that makes your iPhone into a controller

@bbq870

It’s worth noting that the app is in beginner mode, and that’s why there is such a big neutral range.

2 Likes

@Johan Sounds like a plan! I’ll contact you via pm.

I would like to test it too! It sounds like a interesting new control method :smiley: I live in Copenhagen, Denmark.

Again…not a big advocate of using your phone … But if you are…I would suggest something like this for your phone

1 Like

@Michaelinvegas Cool product! Yes, some sort of safety strap maybe should be used for safety.

I actually got a sample from them…I have one on my phone…and you know what… I use it every day…it’s super handy … I didn’t think it would be… It just sticks on…so you can position it for the most secure grip…or dangle you phone by your pinky lol

But def would suggest getting something like this

what happens when you receive a phone call or a txt msg while riding and accidental answer, the app goes into the back ground… total loss of control?

Ouch! SYF and maybe shop for a new phone. :cry:

@Blasto When the receiver detects a connection loss it automatically puts the ESC into neutral throttle

2 Likes

Love the idea @hugohammarstrom , but even when I saw this type of thing with prebuilt eboards I was skeptical… What happens if you drop your phone? Nevertheless I can always buy a life proof case and I’m currently looking for a better controller than my cheap Quanum. When do you think these might be available in the U.S.?

Checkout ESP2866, one chip cost around 3$, arduino compatible. Ready to go server/client firmware on http://www.nodemcu.com/. You can send information through UDP without any delay and apllication can have additional functions. It’s almost ready to go chip just need some additional code for tunning. You could controll same receiver with external device or phone at same time, even not your phone. And most important it is Wi-Fi so crowded place is not a problem.

How do you do this with your app? I can’t find an explanation of how to use nunchuck and HM10 at the same time anywhere.

The only way to do a nunchuck and HM-10 is to have 1 vesc connected to the nunchuck. And the second connected to the HM-10. Setup each vesc with a different application.

Hi, I see something in this product, and I’m about to build a new esk8. I would like to give a chance to this receiver. How can I buy it from you?

Gabe

Where can we purchase?