Elofty Direct Drive

There definitely seems something wrong with the consumption calculation. I believe his metr pro is set to take speed for GPS not from wheel rotation. I had crazy values when I had that turned on.

1 Like

Not sure guys, I’m on latest Vesc stock firmware. I recon metr has issues with the new firmware.

Btw they’re very very good. They cog just a little when I start on a small incline, but much better than my 6355 belt motors.

Of course they’re so silent that you don’t hear a thing.

So far impressed.

I’m starting to like also the evolve trucks!

2 Likes

Glad to hear. Finally an inexpensive DD that delivers. Of course it has to be vetted my more people to please the community, but it’s a start. I am ordering mine in a couple of days.

BTW, take a look at this setting. Click location in settings and see if “prefer GPS” is disabled

4 Likes

What’s with you changeing you pic? I like the old one

1 Like

Think the eLofty can handle the Baesk8 group ride (with >100 mm wheels)?

Do like this geometry: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1Vf4v1icWo

1 Like

I have those wheels. They consume way too much battery, the bearings are loose, and they’re unbalanced

1 Like

I meant specifically TB110 mm; I like the geometry (height width) their ‘homebrew’ Kegel-Tire presents and purchased the TB110s as a result. I was also in the Skullboards pilot group, learned my lesson on the tires :slight_smile:

1 Like

Done. I did a quick/slow ride.

Still no motor temp tho. Weird. I wonder if I have to swap some cables

6 Likes

brakes still feeling good on SF roads? :pray:

update to plan: if the drivetrain they send me works out, we (meaning me) will hire a CNC guru to machine a limited-run of custom SR RKP hangers that are eLofty-compatible, immediately.

We’ll post the drawings here, just like the LY artwork for the Flytrap - this isn’t for profit, just a proof of concept.

We did custom Avenue hangers for Hobbywing hub motors last year, and they really do deliver an almost-thane experience due to a little sorbothane hemishphere in each spring, that acts as a dampener:

Appreciate you guys sharing information on these, I am cautiously optimistic :slight_smile: thanks again

9 Likes

Great work with the avenue trucks… I didn’t even know you had done this! I guess I know who to talk to when I want to upgrade the trucks for my banshee hubs :stuck_out_tongue:

Maybe I’ll wait for the surfrods… Everyone speaks so highly of them 🤷😋 thanks topcloud

2 Likes

So far they are perfect. I’m 190 and went down the steepest hills around, without issues. They’re much more strong and direct than my belts 6355. I’ve also RKP trucks Avenue. I’ll be down for a set :wink:

4 Likes

https://photos.app.goo.gl/1EVsnFTcMcB4FxEh8 More information on the creation of those specific custom avenue hangers pictured in topcloud’s post here :wink:

3 Likes

did you guys ever make the 230mm plain hanger that matches the TB218 mm profile? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No sir, we have not.

1 Like

All of me is at full attention. Really pleased to see the interest these motors are getting and the resources possibly headed their way.

1 Like

All true, but I still like the little turds.

1 Like

likewise and stoked! Metasurf and Carvon were big-time disappointments for me, personally, so I’m happy to do what I can to help.

I have to say… DaddYE’s report re: hills and braking makes me think ‘Haggy Bergmeister adapter’ :slight_smile:

5D2BF0A8-1D25-4202-A07F-33CE50DF8491

fullsizeoutput_2125

36%20AM

10 Likes

Review written and awaiting Damonizing.

I’m so foobled on these spiffaloons. TB 110s ordered and I predict a mansplosion when I AGGRESSIVELY MOUNT THEM.

4 Likes

So are these only good on Tkp or was that all that you guys had available?

2 Likes

actual lol lmao at work lol

1 Like