Elofty Direct Drive

They were here, and then the stretch leggings conversation happened, @DARENO.

3 Likes

Meant your bushing stack. Double barrel won’t work, Cone/Barrel might, but Cones top and bottom will.

2 Likes

Ah yes. I have a vague memory of that. I think I showed particular maturity during that interaction if memory serves me correctly.

1 Like

But regarding the point @Linny brought up, all signs point to eLofty being receptive to suggested improvement. I’ve already shared the things that need improving from my review, and if anyone else has some thoughts, tag me and I’ll make sure they get shared as well.

2 Likes

I am maintaining a positive attitude to the drives regardless. The fact that elofty are so responsive all be it with the language problems is a very encouraging point. I shall curb my inner child from now on but timing on their last foray was bad regarding the diyeboard saga.

3 Likes

I ended up getting these guys shipped for a total of $22. I’ll let you know if it worked out well or not. If needed I can 3D print bushings in TPU, which I already have.

1 X pack of pivot cups, bushing and nuts

2 X base_plate

image image

3 Likes

That’s not bad for Independents. If I hadn’t found my baseplates, I was prepared to buy a full set of their 215s.

1 Like

link to the “special carbon” deck? :o cant find it on aliexpress :confused:

You have to search carbon electric skateboard and it will give you a complete with an orange dot in the middle. Piece of absolute crap but the deck is good. I hit up the manufacturer and got 3 samples of deck only. Please don’t make me go back into the alibaba odyssey. Once you get in there its hard to get back out. lol

3 Likes

sick deal! How much did you get the 3 decks for if you dont mind me asking?

1 Like

Ah then you enter into expert level alie fun. The bartering. Started at 260 each and ended up at 160 plus shipping but be prepared to be inundated with requests and spam. You either really take to the chinese way of business or you don’t. I find it fun for a while then a little tiring. lol Try to get to the actual factory where they are made though. It will be the cheapest with the biggest moq’s but they will send you samples

4 Likes

s-l1600 im-so-excited-5ba580

11 Likes

Did they arrive that quick?

1 Like

:slight_smile: it’s the pic of what they’re shipping, today.

3 Likes

Cool :slight_smile:

Your pulleys should come tomorrow if you still need them

2 Likes

!! thanks my brother! I absolutely do!

1 Like

Hook us up with more pics of that carbon deck

1 Like

So you convinced them to send you the rest of the double kingpin parts or did you buy them separately?

1 Like

I noticed eLofty had listings that included varying degrees of completeness; one with the DKP parts included, one in a TKP-hanger-only setup, a complete, a complete minus the deck, and so on.

I’d give them an A for effort on the bundles, yet they need new pics. I have half a mind to have a friend photograph their kit for them and send them studio pictures, for free.

I don’t have Avenue TKP base plates here, however, if memory serves, the Evolve hanger fits the Avenue TKP base plate with very minor modification.

3 Likes

My current build is 190KV with 10S4P battery with wheel dia 155mm and gearing ratio 16:50. That gives me a theoretical no load top speed of 190 * 4.2 * 10 * (16/50) * 3.14 * 155 * .000001 * 60 = 75km/hr. Till date, I have used a max of 25Amps/motor.

case1_esk8_calculator

I am planning a similarly capable build using the 75KV elofty with 6x2 pneumatics. I am planning to use 8S5P battery. That would give me a theoretical no load top speed of 75 * 4.2 * 8 * 3.14 * 155 *.000001 * 60 = 73.5km/hr

case2_esk8_calculator

Using 8S5P gives me the same battery capacity as before, while sagging less. Do people see any potential problem with this new setup?