Elofty Direct Drive

Nicely done :slight_smile:

That is also the carbon fiber deck with the rounded kicktail style edges I mentioned, previously, wearing same 63xx external motors that are the new ‘standard’ on the Evolve clones of 2019 that we’re about to see, everywhere.

(I checked on the wheels, they’re still in CAD)

I will offer that out of all the manufacturers that I know who are going after Evolve in this next generation, that Ownboard will likely be the most successful on a per-unit basis. This is because we can expect Ownboards’ ESC will work with their cans perfectly in FOC, as Ownboard has the steady-supply of motors needed to commit to a min qty at Hobbywing for 500 units.

Like I said, this is the year the industry sets their sights on Evolve. Next year it will probably be LaCroix, what I keep hearing. Whatever you guys promote on Facebook is generally what they consider making.

8 Likes

We should start post some crazy Esk8 and see if next year they will invest in that :rofl: Btw I agree that innovations hav 1 year then the world will copy them. So sad… But true

1 Like

Here we go, it’s done. Will ride it during the group ride tomorrow!

image image image image

Though I will say the brakes are very weak on the unity, but I think that’s a unity issue. Let’s maybe figure this out @Deodand?

13 Likes

I use DD on unity and brakes are great. Weak where on Flipsky 6.6 thst I had to increase it. Unity I use the standard setting based on motors and battery and works great

Im there lol, can go check em out

1 Like

What does it say about me that I’m looking forward to Sofu’s ride results more than I am Avengers: Endgame?

4 Likes

Yeah just rode it for a bit and I’m thinking it’s the throttle curve probably. Sorry @Deodand :yum:

1 Like

Very weird throttle curve with just the default linear indeed.

1 Like

With which remote? @sofu

Hoyt 10ccc

2 Likes

Can I ask how much the board weighs?

I’m probably not adding anything you haven’t found already but just in case, In the “focbox unity support…” thread there a long conversation about throttle curves starting at like post 33.

In post 53 @trampa explains why he cosiders changing the pos/neg ramp time settings or other options better than messing with the throttle curve. Then they elaborate on this in the following threads.

I think I’ve seen someone mention a trim nob on that remote that you could try to adjust.

Anyways I’m sure I’m not saying you haven’t considered, but thought I’d throw that out there

1 Like

Don’t play with the trim. That adjusts the neutral dead band position. If turn the board will hold that speed constantly without you finger moving the trigger, turn it the other way and the brakes will be applied until you either turn it back or pull the throttle a little to reach the dead band again.

Works great for a poor mans cruise control

1 Like

I will go to check Ownboard’ DD motor on imitation boards of Evolve at Hong kong show tomorrow morning.

I guess it’s same as Elofy’s. And I’m not sure but they said the double king pin trucks are made by same factory of Evolve’s, and trucks has same width of Evolve. (Additional to say, we only can know about the precision after getting)

If you have question, PM me or write question here within 9 hours from now please. I’ll ask them.

But I guess there’re only sales people so there’s possibility we can not get enough detailed answers.

(I’m not a stealth marketer of Ownboard. And their family (?) company made not enough quality metal hub wheels for AT. But I think they and some Chinese companies can improve more when they get good partners like Exway )

10 Likes

Could you ask them if they put out on first dates?

11 Likes

OK, I see. I’ll go to bed and check again when I wake up

2 Likes

I think we got it. Thanks for the heads up!

3 Likes

@Chase pls meet @sofu we have battery questions :slight_smile:

1 Like

I am not sure if you realize or not, but brenternet is joking.

4 Likes

What’s your brake current @sofu? Motor and battery?