Elofty Direct Drive

They were able to open it and compare?

Quick update:

On the ESC front, I reached out to Kenna this morning with an update that Sofu is working with Jeff on the Unity. Ownboard will ship and this provides us the opportunity to see how their Hobbywing ESC performs.

On the wheel side, I think here in the Bay Area, modestly speaking, we have every Kegel wheel on the market to test against TB and eLofty. I feel confident the right equasion will be solved. @BillGordon is discussing the potential to source larger, 100 MM wheels (we understand wheels take time, yet another source than Labeda would be great). They are testing 200 MM pneumatics and airless, and my opinion, I think they will stick to the baconator wheels because they are cheaper and faster to produce than urethane.

Finally, on drivetrain, we will see another motor change. This is purely conjecture on my side, but I think it will be the larger 6368 silver motors that @Tetsu posted (and by the way dude, you rock for going in and visiting with Ownboard, thank you and @esk8jpn for all the eLofty/ownboard love).

Makes me wonder if we do a group buy today, will we be looking to replace our parts in two months for those bigger motors.

I think Sofu’s review with a working battery and brakes will tell us what to do, next.

update: we also have a standing order for the new, larger motors to ship as soon as they’re available.

The “Master Plan™”, in full disclosure, is to ask @marcmt88 for a work order to prototype a Caliber II hanger that we can put the bigger eLofty motors on, underneath @rey8801’s Hammock baseplate.

Pretty sure that is the best “open source Carvon” recipe that we can come up with. Knowing Ownboard and a couple more unnanounced brands are working with eLofty gives me comfort the platform will be around, DD won’t be a niche option anymore.

9 Likes

I don’t think they open it but TB posted the stator dimension and I am sure Elofty doesn’t reach the same one.

2 Likes

they might be closer to the TB size in the new motor they described to me this morning.

I would always expect Torqueboards, MAD axials, etc. to outperform the eLoftys, however. They’re building for the masses, slower carving. Basically, head-on with Evolve. I think they will end up with 130KV 6368s, yet that is purely conjecture on my side.

THIS IS NOT A MOTOR :slight_smile: I sent it out as a joke and triggered panic with a friend of mine, lol idk. esk8 people are wired up!

This is the Quattro wheel hub on my tumbler - look at the construction :slight_smile: once it is test-fit this week we’ll order a set

fullsizeoutput_2305

10 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I know most of us have high standard but damn who wants to be rolling on some sketchy sh.t… so far it’s only been 20 miles on those DD since @sofu preschool build battery pack went out…lol… :man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2::man_facepalming:t2: I wanted to test them out with a full battery to see if they really can even go up a hill with my fat ass​:rofl::rofl: 190lbs :man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2: @sofu can climb any hill no problem with anything …lol… :fu:t3::fu:t3::fu:t3::fu:t3:

1 Like

I should be able to show pic of the final product this week and then get them really really soon :wink:

2 Likes

There’s a reason why they make the prices super competitive CCC… lol…

1 Like

Sure thing. Man I have to put them in my bag and bring them over again. Shit heavy.

Problem is we can’t get a direct comparison because I ordered the 90kv TB (b/c 4wd) but we will see how they fair off.

I really wonder what kind of spec their rumored “Vesc based” ESC can perform. Those connectors tho. I’m not sure if they can handle the performance we are seeking. It has very thin phase wire leads as well.

Does anyone know the stator size of TB vs Elofty vs Ownboard 6368? As well as their pole counts? Too lazy to dig through all the replies. I know TB motors are Delta terminated just like most motors.

1 Like

What are the wheel sizes for hummie and enertion? The eLofty was paired with 110mm wheels, right?

Going up a hill current will be proportional to wheel size(after you remove the wind drag and other dissipative forces) and heat is proportional to square of current. @Touch415 I hope you can see the flaw in your comparison.

I would love to see apples being compared to apples. Like TB 75KV to eLofty 75KV with 110mm wheels.

3 Likes

Elofty took form the thread, wrote by @mishrasubhransu 53*42mm which actually surprise me, it’s pretty big. Same size of my DD Mad Fury.

TB seems actually smaller [quote=“torqueboards, post:532, topic:61152, full:true”] Hummie is able to use a much longer stator due to it being in-wheel. I tried to fit longer but it was nearly impossible while keeping it reliable. It would also push our setup to use a much longer hanger. Our stator is 52.8x40 but I believe we can fit a stator up to about 45mm with sensors. [/quote] I don’'t know the final one. I guess you can open it :sunglasses:

Ownboard I got contacted from the guy I am asking him the stator size and report it.

4 Likes

hummie 83mm, Enertion 90mm. I believe. For sure 83mm has a lot of advantages.

3 Likes

I’m running 85 kv hummies atm. With aligned magnets and slightly more copper in the winding. So it’s not the same 85kv that other ppl have.

1 Like

The old hummie you ran were 75kv right, those thing even ran cool…

1 Like

Ahh idk if i want to lmao.

3 Likes

hey if you do, pls open the eLofty after the TB DD haha😂

2 Likes

Yes but also runs 32mph top speed. I still have them. Just need to fix and clean it up a little. They would be perfect when we get bigger wheels and sleeves.

2 Likes

Yes it huge difference in wheel size, like I said before maybe with a smaller wheel size it’ll perform a little better,… sorry Let’s all be honest here did we all think these will be the next big thing…lol…

2 Likes

… Sorry. Without offering logical arguments and doing proper analysis you say something is “:poop:”. Let’s be honest here, you have all the tell-tale signs of being a troll…lol…

1 Like

Hey I guess I’m a troll here :man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2: :+1:t3::+1:t3: Next time I will have a video camera to show you guys wassup…:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Would love that. And some metr pro plots.

3 Likes