Elofty Direct Drive

Now both of the negativity twins are represented. Make sure to like each other’s posts.

3 Likes

I won’t touch it more. But they shouldn’t ask people to remove it either to replace the motor. Or they should give the proper tool with the kit.

1 Like

Dude… Not our fault this crap suxs. I’m not hating. The way I see it is expectations are too high for a cheap Chinese made product. I hope I’m wrong but I’ll let the thread do the talking.

2 Likes

I think expectations were low and it surpassed those low expectations. That is why there was excitement! They way Ive interpreted the thread so far is that they work great as a cruiser build with minimal hills. Braking a little suspect but the motors perform. The newest issue seems to be removing the motors but the product is still mew and changing. Definitely gonna wait for a newer version when these small issues are dealt with.

2 Likes

Are you in the Bay Area?l. If so I invite you to bring your super drives to sf streets See how they handle the roads and hills around here. Then let me know if you wanna keep them after a REAL world test. Not some shitty 1 block long up hill/downhill. I’m talking real hills with real danger that if your shit fails on you the chances of you getting run over or hit by a car are pretty damn big. Then tell me if me and @Touch415 are just hating lol

1 Like

Well said buddy, and that’s exactly what I try to tell people… 20mph flat land decent DD​:man_shrugging:t2::man_shrugging:t2:

No data, no comparison with equivalent drives or setups, just bashing, classic trolls. You guys make a lovely couple.

Edit: We are all rooting for these drives because they are inexpensive and build solidly. If they actually prove themselves it will be great for all end users. We already have the more expensive TBDD and it’s good to analyze where these guys stand relatively. We are all exploring what the limits are, what setup they work well with, what terrain type etc. Now criticism is welcome when coupled with more data and less of repeated emojis.

5 Likes

Man! I don’t even know why I’m involved in this shit! At the end of the day who cares about what people say or do. It’s all about having fun doing what we do Real problem is some people don’t know how to take criticism and in this case I don’t know why mr @BillGordon keeps calling my name. I must be good looking I guess :rofl::rofl:

1 Like

@FranciscoV @Touch415
This is an Antarctic Rover… For Antarctica. image

This is a Jeep… NOT for Antarctica. image

This is Mazda Miata… NOT for Antarctica… image

All different costs… all different drivers… for all different places… You guys DO realize the whole entire world is very different from San Francisco, right???

Not EVERY vehicle has to be built to the level of an Antarctic Rover to be considered a safe, fun, reliable, and cost effective mode of fun and transportation… Open your mind …and experience tranquility :t_rex:

16 Likes

Point taken. Since we’re taking about vehicles now. I see this argument being as necessary as truck nuts!! Good for nothing.

Happy riding brothers and sister. Enjoy your drives :+1:t3:

2 Likes

Hit a nerve @FranciscoV?

Your only contribution to this thread is showing glee in support of @Touch415 at the prospect of these drives not delivering the goods. You’re like that guy who stands behind the bully in a teen movie parroting everything Chad the Cruel Quarterback says. “Yeah, that’s right nerds!”

You act as if direct drives are an all-out assault aimed at eradicating belt drives from the face of the earth. Belts are awesome, and have had quite a bit of time to show that fact. I am slowly and shittily building a dual belt board because different stuff is fun to try and nice to have as an option.

Know what else is fun to try and nice to have as an option? Direct Drives and Hubs.

I live on the other side of the planet, so I won’t be able to take part in the “FranciscoV Super Tough Guy Most Awesomest Hill Challenge Ever.” But I have no doubt that me and my inferior equipment could not possibly keep up with an esk8 SuperStar like yourself and the incredibly specific torture test you have suggested.

Some run from danger. Some heroes Esk8 directly towards it.

I won’t take any more of your time as someone is no doubt posting something they’re excited about in another thread, and you’re probably itching to get in there and spoil the fun.

17 Likes

Way to sensitive people, all I did is post my honesty that’s it, sorry to ruin the fun … We still have those DD’s to test so the fun is still coming …

Come on Tony, coming into a DD thread telling people to use belts is reminiscent of those who yell at us to push on our boards. Different strokes for different folks.

As a side note, there are plenty of people around the Bay Area with lower powered boards. They just avoid hills and traffic, just like many bicyclists do. The group ride route isn’t most people’s commute.

8 Likes

It’s always a telltale sign of a bully/troll when you call them out for being said bully/troll and their immediate response is either “you can’t handle criticism” or “you’re so sensitive.” The irony is just too good.

It’s worse than an Apple fanboy hanging out in an Android thread, waiting to see anything negative, just waiting to jump in and give their valuable opinion.

The reason I’m here (as I’m sure a lot of us are) is to find out both the good and the bad about these motors, in all kinds of environments/conditions, from people who actually own them.

10 Likes

How DAAAAARRRREEE you talk about Iphones!!!

6 Likes

You’re so sensitive!

8 Likes

Two Motors with One Dual Drive VESC

2 Likes

This thread kinda reminds me of the diyeboard thread years back. The hype and excitement of all their new cheap (and seemingly of good quality back then) game changer products. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

People are super thirsty for a cheap and high quality direct drive. The problem is they don’t exist. You could even use hummie’s hubs as an example in this case where the raw materials cost more than these with their sales margin.

I’m looking forward to how these drives evolve from here but it just sounds like the same story on repeat.

1 Like

I’m still hopeful with this one - waiting to see a 4wd AT setup in the wild before I commit though…

3 Likes