Elofty Direct Drive

Would it also require a battery upgrade?

Sorry, should have added that to my answer. No, will work fine with whatever 10s battery you’re using. I have used my Meepo Sanyo 10s2p pack exclusively.

@mishrasubhransu I have Kenna look into making alu version of your wheel hubs.

17 Likes

count me interested as well!

Which tyres would fit?

6" ??? 10cccccccc

Fixed for ya

2 Likes

ahhh too small for me - I’d like something in the lines of the Trampa Superstars, so that’s I could fit 7 or 8’’ tyres

FYI

3 Likes

@dickyho can probably make these in aluminum :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice! I can update the model based on whether it will be machined or casted-and-machined.

3 spoke version will make it lighter. We can consider that if the machining cost is not a lot higher. Because more material will be removed in 3 spoke version.

1 Like

So I just did a series of speed tests with the following setup:

Board:

1st gen eLofty DD

Diyeboard 4-speed esc/remote in 4TH GEAR BABY!

10s2p Sanyo

TB 110 wheels

Single hairless Malibu barbie duct-taped on front

Rider:

6’3" (I’m a great wind screen)

225 lbs

Male chastity belt with Touch 'n Tell LED warning lights

Data according to GPS Trip Tracker app:

Highest speed: 23.1 mph

Highest speed easily maintained and held: 22.5 mph

Not blazing fast, but enough to pull away from a turgid and lubed-up @Brenternet on foot, and that’s my only real need/concern.

Plenty for me, especially given the official speed limits where I live. I’m not in a situation where I can hit 30-35 and expect to keep my board. Well, that and the fact that I’m a little sissy boy with perpetually moist undie fronts.

Hills are no problem whatsoever, and I still love the ride I get from the smooth power delivery, wide stance, and the TB 110s.

Easily the best esk8 purchase I’ve ever made.

16 Likes

Red washers add 10% to speed. That’s a common knowledge.

I have never heard of this kind of add-on, though. Must be one of the more exotic enhancements. :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

she said. CNC then make a mold to cast it. so preferably 3 spokes and remove more material? she told me to ask you simplify it a little.

1 Like

Yep, I started talking to her. Thanks Wing.

This is interesting!

I recently bought a 6-inch tire at evolve. I will try to fit with this hub once everything is in hand. :face_with_monocle:

1 Like

important details

1 Like

What’s the total cost of that build?

CNC_elofty_wheel1 CNC_elofty_wheel2
CNC_elofty_wheel3 CNC_elofty_wheel4

10 Likes

This is very interesting. If this tire fits evolve hubs, they could fit also trampa and mbs?

1 Like

This is very interesting. If this hub fits 6’’ Evolve tyres, will it fit 7’’ or even 8’’?

:face_with_monocle: