EMB Crash when ESC locked up

@CarlCollins it is not time to warn every customer of the possibility of this problem?

Fuck company reputation, your playing with human lives.

24 Likes

Reputation > Human lives so far anyways. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Lmao. You ever read about Bayer, the makers of Aspirin…?

I’ll download the current settings and give you the specs in the morning, got the battery on the charger at the moment.

1 Like

Like you mentioned before they should buckle up and get a team on the issue iso poor alone deodand… Im sure the guy is already over worked and the community needs a fix asap. At some point there will be a guy in the US with this issue and he will send out his team of sharks and then we are all f*

3 Likes

@Deodand are this all the fixes who are made in the new firmware despite the sensorless ERPM transition? That stuff is scary i’ve just swapped my battery back in to the Unity equipped board and want to ride it without anxiety! A comment would be really appreciated.
@ShueBox I am glad you didn’t got seriously hurt. Ride safe!
Nice trail btw.

2 Likes

This makes me think twice buying focbox unity. Heal fast mate!

1 Like

FBU%20Setting%201 FBU%20Setting

Using version 23.43 and the board specs are below:

MBS Comp 95 10s4p (built myself) - Samsung 30q - bestech BMS dual turnigy 6374 149kv gears are 72/18 hubs/tires are 200x50

if you watch that video closely it looks like I get wobbly a few seconds before the crash, I thought that was me slowing down but I am not starting to think it was a split second cut-off (although I cannot be sure)

happy to help test further, would love to get this thing to work without it wanting to throw me off randomly.

1 Like

thanks bud! and I’m hopeful they’ll find a fix, or I will keep screwing around with it until I do… I’m too stubborn to give up on anything, and this is my first build… have all the pieces sitting here for my next, just waiting on my trampa board to get here so I am hoping it can be fixed sooner rather than later.

I swear there was a huge thread about this (that I’ve read through) but I cannot find it?

2 Likes

He is on the old firmware and we already sorted out this issue. And I haven’t given any warning to him, We always tried our best to make the product as much robust as possible!

2 Likes

@ShueBox

Looks like you are on old firmware mate! New Version is 23.44 Please follow this guide to re-flash the firmware, I think that will fix the issue. (USB Transmission Method recommended)

Also, looks like your remote is off calibrated a little, re-calibrate it as precise as possible.

About your accident: That’s really unfortunate and I deeply apologize for it. I hope you will get well soon mate :slight_smile: Looking forward to see you fine & healthy :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Just to be safe: Always test the new firmware with default values of Unity first before doing any modifications or changes.

Just updated the firmware less than a month ago? When did a newer version come out, haven’t seen anything about it? Can you post the link so I can update?

I have shared already, it’s in the guide linked, Released 2 days ago on the FOCBOX Unity thread by Jeff (Deodand) as well.

While I appreciate your opinion I was on the board when the brakes locked up, and this wasn’t the first time. So yes, the brakes locked up completely, you can hear them skidding on the pavement right as it goes into the slo-mo part.

3 Likes

I think new firmware will fix it. Just pay lot more attention on remote calibration as well

1 Like

Yeah I have it all apart, adding new motor mounts and have some sealed 192kv sensored motors I’ll be putting back on in about 16 hours when they’re done printing.

And no apologies needed, I knew the issue and I knew the risk, not your fault at all. I appreciate your help getting this fixed though, maybe I needed that to teach me to wear my gear all the time lol

And just to confirm, this is a permanent fix for this? Was this something in the code? Just curious as to what the issue actually was so I know it wasn’t something stupid I was doing!

I calibrate it typically before I’ve been going out every time (making small changes here and there as well) just had everything off and apart and didn’t want to screw with it all plugged in sitting on my desk lol just hooked it all back up to get accurate readings from the setup it was on when I crashed

1 Like

I would quadruple check your ppm connection and make sure that your remote receiver has a proper “fail safe”. shake it around a bit to see if the light on the receiver flickers

to test fail safe: on the bench, run your motors and turn off your remote. If your motors coast to a stop, you’re ok. If they continue running, no bueno, if they brake, no bueno. This is a behavior from the receiver.

5 Likes

As @Blasto mentioned, it’s more likely an issue with the remote calibration.

How about checking 1: Receiver’s Servo cable 2: PPM values 3: Battery of the remote (condition) 4: Interference in the environment

Also, check which Blasto indicated.

1 Like