EMF Hub motor final sale!

I know that one of them is 180mm and the other is 150mm. I was trying to say that one that was supposed to be 180mm is not exactly 180mm, but a little bit shorter than that. It doesn’t really make much of a different I don’t think, so I was just being a little bit too nitpicky I supposed.

New wheel mould, if I can raise some money to a actualy get the wheels made we will have alot better urethane.

2 Likes

I have here, but it is only with hummie’s motors:

Jason’s wife just had a second baby, so I wouldn’t expect his comparison video to be edited for a little while!

1 Like

4 posts were split to a new topic: Data overlays on your video? what do you use

Congratulations @onloop

Jason,

Are you going to post ecommerce tracking numbers. I’m still waiting and have found no way to find out the status of my order. I tried talking to DHL and register my name, phone # and delivery address, but they said I must have a tracking # for them to help.

Thanks for your help.

I am unable to login on the vesc.net.au with my hotmail emailadres, if i request a new password i don’t receive any mail. I did receive three ‘confirm subscription’ emails, but nothing about my order. Anyone else receive order confirmation in the mail?

I think a test where the vesc amp settings to the motor will reveal a lot. What were the settings?

I’m pretty sure the motors I sent tic matson are 90kv which is more suited for flats and speed. But given enough amps the limits of the motor will show. Going faster with more amps up a hill will keep the motor cooler than less amps going slowly going up the same hill

But Jacobs are bigger and surely given even an appropriate amperage for the kv his will stay cooler.

@hummie 40a rating but a battery ratting of, 20a per vesc so really each motor is limited to 20A

Signing up with mail chimp has sorta stuffed stuff up but again if you didn’t setup an account at purchase you can’t log in.

Humm I like 70amps! eapecially with 90kv need more amps to make the same inductance and get up.

i think if its set at 40 to the motor but 20 from the battery you can still get 40 to the motor as the voltage is converted to amps.

It’s tru but it depends on the speed, generally it can only does this at low speed!

When watching current draw on the hill kaden filmed riding your motors I get peak current draw of 22a per motor. But the board can stock half way up the hill and keep going and still not go over this

Can you provide an update of the shipping-schedule?

DHL could not find my shipment from what little information I could give them. They said they would search again if I could give them the following new information:

-origin postal code and country -destination postal code and country -approximate ship date -name it was sent to

Could you please send me that information so I can send it to DHL? Thank you for your help.

What size is the new mold ? 90mm ?

Received my hub motors! Look good!

Just received my EMF Order today and I’m so stoked! They look awesome! The day is finally here! First Impressions: To be fair, I don’t have any frame of reference, as this is for my first build but, apart from the bad, very thin motor leads (See Below), these seem, at least at first glance, like awesome motors, and a good kit, They feel sturdy and of good quality.

I do however have 2 things that I’d like to point out. straight outta the box, one of the two motors seem to have been rushed, 2 of the 3 motor leads have some serious “bends” in them to the point where I actually think that one of the two “damaged” wires, are broken inside the insulation. Now sadly i can’t test, my hypothesis right now, as I still need to get VESC’s and a battery built, but it sure feels that way….

|Solved perhaps…| It’s a litte hard to tell from the picture, but it seems broken, it easly bends past 90 degrees in a sharp point. :confused:

Now the other thing is a smaller cosmetic thing and is also partially my fault. When I ordered the EMF I also ordered a set of spare Thane, and I know there’s been some confusion with the colors of the orders, but I recieved BLACK wheels and ORANGE spares, that means that i “can’t” use the spares with the front wheels, and this just seems really silly, now I did not specify what color I wished for, but I did assume at least that they would be the same color xD Sorry for the rant, @Jacobbloy Keep working at it and you’ll have yourself some amazing motors IMO! :smiley:

• Greetings from that Dane! (And sorry if my english is a little off, it’s only like my third language :wink: )

measure the resistance between the “broken” phase wire and another one and you will know if it’s broken. Maybe the heatshrink didn’t fully shrink

1 Like

WOO! got mine, order 608 box was a little bashed but to be expected here, motors seem great… now for those VESCs