EMF Hub motor final sale!

Wow. I can’t find the 2013 Colorado motor or the enertion. Can u link us?

there are two common types of patents

1. Utility patents may be granted to anyone who invents or discovers any new and useful process, machine, article of manufacture, or composition of matter, or any new and useful improvement thereof;
  2. Design patents may be granted to anyone who invents a new, original, and ornamental design for an article of manufacture

I assume you have submitted an application for a “design patent” - I doubt you can get a utility patent on an electric skateboard hub motor, unless of course you invented something new. If you have a new invention congratulations.

No fanfare with your new hubmotor? Are you still testing it or is the fanfare coming later onloop

you can count on it

Hi jacob ,

Could you please update mew on order 770 4WD ?

• Jacob Griffin-Bloy, Tuesday, 16 August 2016 at 6:35:40 PM When the parcel will be shipped and what is the tracking ID ?

4 posts were split to a new topic: Electric Skateboard Inventions, technology & patents

Hi @jacobbloy, just looking to buy a few new bullet connectors and I was wondering what size you have used on the hubs? The diameter of the silicon wires coming off the hubs is 3mm, but the bullet connectors look like they are 4mm or 5mm maybe? Cheers.

3mm wires? Mine are way thinner and can still be pinched to like 1mm or so

Looks like it says 3mm diameter on the silicone shield on the wire

I’ll check mine again - can you pinch them or are they “filled” with wire?

I can pinch them down to what feels like a smaller diameter as well.

Will be interesting to see if they can handle 40A long term.

It may be fine. The motor isn’t directly eating up battery power (due to esc magic), so the motor wires don’t have to be as thick as the the battery wires.

1 Like

Is there any word on the new urethane for these hub motors? I still have my motors sitting in the box as I don’t want to mess them up on the first run urethane.

Not sure how to go about fixing this, but the the two hex screw to hold the motor in place is broken. I have used threadlocker for the screw on the truck, so I’m not sure why this happened.

Any updates? These motors are the last part I need.

2 Likes

Same ! Last part of my build i still need :smiley:

same here, last part i need. I would appreciate an update or a timeline or any best estimation. anything really.

Hey guys for those with skipping utathane… @blair thought of using heavy duty scotch double sided tape. It has worked really well on mine. Shoe goo didn’t work for me even when applied liberally. Just a warning that the double sided tape will mean old utathane needs to be cut, heated and peeled off.

1 Like

Thanks for the post! Can you explain a little how you put it on? I know it’s probably too late for pics, but can’t hurt to ask :grin:

Indeed too late for pics but we took off the utathane so the can was visible, and simply applied 1 layer of thick scotch double sided tape between the bumps. We then carefully slid the utathane back on (pro tip, don’t waste your time time because the tape doesn’t waste time setting) if you need a better explanation I can probably come up with one

2 Likes