EMF Hub motor final sale!

Old design as I don’t have the money to produce the new design.

I’d do this too but I already paid for extra thane So what would the shipping be?

Hi Guys, I have a set of @jacobbloy hubs which are sitting in the box awaiting my new build. I haven’t bench tested them yet, but was wondering if I could clarify that the only issue people are having with the hubs is with the slipping/crappy urethane (which looks to be able to be solved with the use of double sided tape)? Are there any other fundamental mechanical/operating issues with the hubs that people have found through use? (other than perhaps the grubs screws coming off etc).

I’m not sure about others, but I was able to acquire my hubs for a relatively cheap price compared to other options in the market, so if it is a matter of paying an extra $100 for new, good quality thane, I think that would be a pretty reasonable solution to get a decent pair of hubs (assuming of course there are no other fundamental mechanical issues.shortcomings with the hubs).

Hard to say if it’s just a one off issue but @Luke’s pair of hubs (as well as having issues with slipping urethane) have also had problems with the phase wires being much too thin and breaking. I had a look at them myself and some of the wires had broken inside the motors right next to the stator which makes them more difficult to repair. Something to keep in mind.

I feel that the slipping urethane/bumpy ride could have made the whole phase wire situation worse. Id say you’d have better luck using double sided tape before anything to avoid vibrating everything to bits

1 Like

A post was merged into an existing topic: Problems with hub motor

6 posts were split to a new topic: Problems with hub motor

Can I ask who is still waiting for their motors? like who has paid money and received nothing?

Hey @jacobbloy , I want to design 3D printed spacers that fill the gap between the screws and therefor should help with the urethane slipping. In your drawing there is a dimension missing to actually get this done. the srew holes are not in the center of the 4.5mm circle - so what is the actual distance from center to center and what is the distance from center to 4.5mm circle center?

Thanks and I will post it here once I got it done and epoxied it to the motor.

1 Like

I do , but not gonna pay an extra 100$ for shipping tho

I agree $100 for shipping is too much. I wonder if there is a cheaper shipping option.

although that does also include a spare set of thane…

its a shame to see this has all fallen to shit because I really liked these motors. I am willing to do what ever I can do to help out and get people their motors.

1 Like

I think most ppl wanted it to succeed, but I think the lack of communication hasnt helped the issue and most buyers have lost faith with EMF. Its not like it wasnt developed enough. As far as I know from previous info its been worked up to this point for at least 2 years. Its a shame. The realities of selling products.

2 Likes

I’m waiting but I think I will give up soon. Just bought used hubs and try to modify them.

I’m also waiting. Having a real hard time not to cancel my order.

I am also waiting.

almost anything you 3d print will melt in there.

I am waiting for a pair of motors and 2 sets of thane

ok so how many people actually received motors AND got a refund?

People actually got a refund and received the motors?.. sounds sleezy

I know right.