Enclosure Gap, Can't Flex Enclosure

So, I am using @psychotiller’s 405 enclosure, but the concaveness of my deck is very deep, so when I place my battery on the deck and try to fit the enclosure on there is about a 3/8ths-inch gap between the enclosure and deck. Because of how big the battery is I can’t really flex the enclosure enough to seal it. I wanted to get some suggestions on how to fill this gap. Any input would be appreciated, thanks! I have attached photos.

1009181508c 1009181517b

1 Like

Hit it with the heat gun until it becomes soft enoght and bend the corners to fit your deck

3 Likes

You could make some kind of silicone or rubber gasket?

I have some extra 1/40-inch neoprene I could use, but that would compress so I would need to use 2-3 layers.

Cut a wooden spacer out using a router and then glue it to the deck?

1 Like

If you physically can’t flex it down because the battery is too big and won’t allow the movement then you could do this but it is a pretty extreme fix and you would have to drill the fixing holes through too.

2 Likes

I could use some 1/4-inch ABS instead and epoxy it to the enclosure side. I already have the threaded inserts in the board, so I don’t want to get any glue in them.

1 Like

Heat gun bruv. Screw the enclosure down to snug. Start heating one end until you can completely screw down the enclosure. Repeat on other end and let cool.

2 Likes

Don’t think the battery will let him do that judging by the post. Those tiller enclosures shape well with heat though.
@butt_stallion have you thought about a printed riser? Access to a printer?

1 Like

My brother actually just ordered a printer, so I will have access to one soon.

2 Likes

That would be the go. Maybe have to do it in two halves but I reckon thats the easiest way out. Include the screw holes and foam edge it and you’re done. good luck with it and keep us posted.

1 Like

Definitely! This was (and hopefully is) the last obstacle before the board is ready to ride.

I had 3dhubs do a 10mm riser for an old build and they source local and turned it around in 3 days for me to pick up. I now just use the company direct. another option if you’re as impatient as me.

dude…Mount the enclosure. The abs flexes. All of your pics show an enclosure with no mount hardware even trying to flex the flanges towards the deck. I’d have that board buttoned up in like 5 minutes.

Nothing to see here.

8 Likes

Whoop dere it is

1 Like

I realize the abs flexes, but because the battery doesn’t flex I physically cannot flex the enclosure enough for it to reach the deck.

Hmmm…The gap I see in your pics is nothing. wouldn’t even be a concern here in the shop.

3 Likes

Well you have a more experience than me, I just didn’t want to run the risk of breaking my battery because I was trying to force the enclosure on.

If you place velcro along the sides of the bottom of your battery, it will cradle the concave of your deck. Then that wouldn’t be a concern either. Though I don’t know how your pack was constructed.

1 Like

I had already placed the velcro along the sides when the picture was taken. I’ll take your advice and mount it up then.