Endurance | SK3 149kv | 12s LiPo w/ BMS | VESC

Dangit, that LED switch looked awesome.

I’m going to look into it today. Maybe a solder joint broke.

Edit: Solder joint didn’t break, just a shitty button :frowning:

I had a switch very similar to this go bad on my bbq recently. Seems to me like they aren’t hard to find replacements for, but they generally fail early. Might just want to go with an old fashion rocker switch

:head_bandage:

…maybe it still works?? :frowning:

Could you share this proces? I’m about to make a vacuum forming table also. Really want to know what you are using!

I don’t know guys. I still get voltage readouts, though I’m not 100% sure how to tell if a BMS is fried. Can anyone help?

I’m gonna see if I still works. Wish me luck.

What happened that caused this? Do you have a multimeter? Clean the BMS using alcohol and test the leads of the FET with a multimeter…

Do not plug your battery whitout testing the FET… it is also very important to clean the carbonization, it can be conductive and short other things…

3 Likes

Clumsiness caused a short. I have a multimeter, and I tested the output and got a reading. I also tested the MOSFETs around the short area and they don’t seem to be broken. I cleaned everything.

Edit: BMS Still works great.

It still charges though I am going to test this thoroughly.

that looks bad man, keep fingers crossed for you! take care with these LiPo’s!

might try to incorperate this into the build.

1 Like

That looks awesome!!! You should add those in a topic of the e-board innovators section

Hey, where you get the truck mount?

I got it awhile back from @torqueboards, I think it was the V3 mount. he doesn’t make them anymore

@link5505 great video and setup! Sorry to hear/see the short - what happened to cause it?

Do you mind sharing more detail on the BMS you used here? There are several similar i’ve seen on eBay and curious which you found works well!

Fingers crossed it works perfectly still.

GL!

this BMS and this charger

I haven’t been able to test BMS discharging yet because I still don’t have a VESC on hand. overcharge protection seems to work though!

lets hope nothing catches fire :slight_smile:

Thanks man! That’s the exact BMS i was looking at.

That charger is beefy! i thought a lot of folks were charging w/ laptop sized power supplies and barrel plug connection (vs the XLR you have). Besides higher amps to charge more quickly - any particular reason to go with such a big power supply?

where are you located? i might have a spare VESC you could borrow if needed.

this has been me this project https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Pmfr5CGDKY

11 Likes