Enduring Review of Mach 1

thanks dude! Did you use an anti spark switch too?

Vedder switch

1 Like

Well, the charger has stopped working. I won’t be able to ride for a while anyways after this Tuesday, so I m going to ride it until it dies, and then get a vedder switch and get a different power switch and charging connector and switch those components out. I think debris and water cn possibly get into the current charging port and could be problematic. I will also open the enclosure, which I was hoping to avoid since I sealed it with silicon. Boo!

What is funny, is that usually it will turn green when I plug it into the board, like it starts pulling current from the bttery. Then when I plug it into the wall, it turns red until the battery is all charged up and it turns green again.

Also, the motor mount got really wiggly, so I epoxied the mount to the trucks. It is fixed in place now, but the motor is now making a loud noise. I wonder if it is the belt, which has a little fray in it (from mybe hitting a rock), or if it is something more serious, like the motor shaft being bent or something. There isn’t anything visibly wrong with the motor, it is just mking a noise in addition to the usual whirring. Anyone ever encounter this before?

*edit: mystery solved, its the belt! where is the best place to order cheap 15 mm belts? Alextech says he is sending me couple, but I wnt to get some on hand for when this hppens again.

http://www.beltingonline.com i would say.

Had only one 15 mm belt from them for a year, then got another motor/Mount and used 12mm belts from enertion… Snapped two of those already.

1 Like

I suppose it would be hard to charge when the negative lead on the charging port mysteriously snapped off. I cut the positive off as well. I guess I can go ahead and get a new charging port.

I’m surprised there weren’t more adverse effects from this. The only question is, should I close her back up and see how long I can make it before the battery dies? My work is only 2.8 miles away. It’s downhill about half way and uphill the other half. I never have ridden this until the battery died before.

Good for you for being so patient and having a positive outlook! I went through a mess with this guy after I placed an order…glad that I was able to get my money back. It seems like it’s not worth all of the problems. However, I hope you get this thing up and running smoothly!

2 Likes

Depending on the Voltage on the actual pack, I found that about after 4Miles I still had about 38v on the 10s3p. I’m sure you can make it to work and back, im actually getting that package of belts out to you by the end of the week so I shall Toss in some extra charger ports in there just for extras!

That would actually be really cool. The board made it almost to work, and then it died in the last good hill. I think altogether it lasted about 9 miles, but that’s on some decent hills, and it wasn’t back to back: more like ride it to work and back Thursday, to work and back Friday, some testing of the epoxy on the motor mount Saturday and Sunday, and then most of the way back to work today (Monday). Not too shabby.

One thing that intrigued me; the board died about 600m from the front gate, so I pushed the rest of the way with the board on. When I left work this evening, the board was going fine for the 600m back (slightly downhill), and made it more than halfway back home (again, mostly downhill). It died again on the first hill going back toward my house.

I am just wondering, is THAT voltage sag?

I never received the delivery. Do you have a tracking number? If you didn’t send it just say so and I will order another charging port/belts/etc. I had to go out of the country on business and was hoping to see this waiting for me when I got back.