Enertion All-Terrain Hub Motor Board Prototype

I have always thought the idea of being able to ride anywhere on your electric skateboard was a good one, who doesn’t want to choose their own path?

My first attempt at building all terrain eboards was based on standard skate trucks and motors mounted with belts & pulleys…

here are some of my early prototypes.

This was a product that i started selling in 2014 and it was a huge hit!

I custom CNC’d my own aluminium 5inch rims & pneumatic wheels & made special aluminium wheel pulleys.

This made for some awesome fun… But the problem with belts & motors that are mounted onto the hanger is they get hammered hard! Rocks, dirt, sticks, mud… all stuff that is not great for your drive train. Also the 5 inch wheels were ok for some of the harder stuff but got bogged down fairly easily…

So i went back to the drawing board and started working on something a bit more! AWESOME!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BCozoNfAWxC/?taken-by=enertionboards

Here are my last two VLOGS that feature the All-terrain HUB MOTOR build.

I will be working on this more over the coming weeks and offering a Complete All-terrain Hub Motor Kit soon.

12 Likes

Very cool. Looking forward to seeing what you offer. Barely finishing my first build (FULLY hooked on this eSk8 thing) and already thinking about going off road with the next one. I really like the idea of hub motors for this application.

1 Like

@onloop so excited for this news! Nice work!

1 Like

Woohoo! I can’t wait till you release this, Jason! Keep the updates coming mate. :smiley:

All terrain on the beach

4 Likes

removed post guys :grin:

What type of approximate top speed are you getting and how does it perform uphill?

1 Like

about 38km/h, surprisingly climbs hills well, motors don’t get hot.

1 Like

Great to hear! Bring it on.

4wd hubz would be sweet on that sand…

Now I really want to take a stab at another AT board with it being beach weather 9/12months here in Florida.

Where can I get some of those brackets (the ones between the trucks and deck)?

So what sort of time frame would we realistically be looking at before you start selling an AT hub motor e-board, Jason? 3 months? 6 months? 9 months?

maybe 6 to 9 months…

I may release the drive train components as a kit… this will potentially speed up the release.

it needs to be refined once or twice before i will sell it.

Do you still sell the original wheels I haven’t seen them online for a few months. I am trying to upgrade my board to all terrain. I am going off to college next year and want to ride this to class

1 Like

Hi, Where are the hub motors/wheels from? I’d like to build my own all terrain board. I’ve found some wheels on Ali express but don’t know if they are any good. Thanks.

E.g. First hit http://lunyee.en.alibaba.com/product/60155248462-220483551/New_arrival_5_inch_hub_motor_with_solid_tire.html

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/125mm-size-children-scooter-hub-motor-24v-250w/32463854668.html?spm=2114.01010208.3.119.1oFt78&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_0,searchweb201602_2_10017_10036_10005_10035_10006_10034_10021_507_10022_10020_10018_10019,searchweb201603_9&btsid=30709fb9-5cea-40e5-bece-c8db7b8d68c1

thats it , alibaba or aliexpress . Enertion’s is 200mm diameter

some more footage of the all-terrain proto in action

2 Likes

theyre 8 in so they cant be these right

Is there any follow up on this one? All I’ve heard a while ago that they were discontinued (at least the custom made wheels)… I assume the cost was too high or the interest did not match longboard kits…

1 Like

2017…will be a fun year…

8 Likes