Enertion Boards All-In-One Carbon Fiber Electric Skateboard Deck

Looks really nice ! Is it full carbon or do you use some wood / metal reinforcements ?

It 100% carbon fiber shell, made using prepreg carbon fiber sheets then pressure molded & baked. The core is made with a divinycell foam. Where the truck holes are it is solid carbon fiber so that you can tighten the truck bolts and not worry about damaging the structure. Where there are some threaded nuts around the enclosure, for holding the lid down, it has some aluminium plate that is drilled & tapped, it is not structural.

There are no wood or metal reinforcements.

So to summarise I suppose you simply call it Carbon Fiber & Foam Core. It will be very lightweight & really strong

Since it has a kicktail, are you protecting the tail from getting mashed? Even when just kicking the board up?

It would be horrible to see a messed up kicktail made out of carbon fiber. :frowning:

Just a suggestion.

I’ll be getting some type of “engineering plastic” cnc’d for the kicktail. It will mount on the underside so that you can perform a skid stop without grinding the CF.

Maybe somthing for the nose too…

It all cost $ though… so we just have to wait & see if it is included or not

I’m sure even if you charged more for it as an extra. It would be highly worth it. Who would want to destroy their awesome CF deck :slight_smile:

1 Like

Nice! Please check my belt tension article. Thanks.

One thing though… How do you access the power switch and charge port? I don’t see any holes in the compartment for buttons or plugs. Will the lid have to be removed to turn it on?

That looks amazing! Great job

Bad ass deck! :smile:

Have you ridden it yet? Does it resonate sound louder than wood?

I will cut a window in the carbon lid so that the fuel gauge and the charge port and switch are accessible.

I could only guarantee the position to cut holes after I mocked it up in real life… with the S.P.A.C.E Cell in position.

Haven’t riden it yet. Only got it last night! Now I am on baby duties for the next few days :frowning:

1 Like

Ahhh yes, baby duty…I am familiar

1 Like

True that! I think the boosted has led lights but thats’s not even close to a voltage meter! Nice job Onloop!

Sweet setup man! Lookin awesome. How much does it weigh?

only 7kg… No ESC installed yet…

That looks sweet. Doesn’t look like it would work with pneumatic tires though. Our roads suck and I wouldn’t want to ride non-pneumatic much faster than 12-15mph

Right after i typed out that question i went home and then my instagram blew up with onloop’s pics showing the cutout placement for the buttons and display. It makes me want to move my voltage display to the top of my deck. Possibly in the nose or somewhere else useful. I was able to source one in red of course. Maybe that will happen when i make the new box.

Speaking of baby duty, seen here is my cheif trials enginner thoroughly inspecting my helmet before launch:

1 Like

Here’s mine trying to make my knee feel better.

2 Likes