Enertion Focbox, am I being a dick?

So after reading on here I decided to purchase a Focbox. Placed a order on the 19th and paid $210AUD for it, now 4 days later they just dropped the price to $136AUD. I contacted support and was told its the black friday sale that I should have known about apparently. And that I should have contacted support first before placing the order like everyone else does. And as my item has been shipped I am not entitled to anything due to their terms and conditions. During the conversation I got emailed the shipping confirmation and the shipping is still pending. I was looking at the Raptor for new years but id hate to have a warranty issue. So are they always like this? Or am I being a Dickhead? Here is my conversation with customer support.

Chat started: 2018-11-23 11:46 AM UTC

(11:46:41 AM) Peter Kowal: On the 19th I placed an order for the foc box and 4 days later you drop the price , that’s not right. (11:46:46 AM) *** Eric joined the chat *** (11:46:59 AM) Eric: HI Peter (11:47:00 AM) Eric: Welcome (11:47:14 AM) Eric: It’s due to the black friday sale (11:47:23 AM) Eric: have you asked support before placing the order? (11:47:53 AM) Eric: because it is a scheduled thing, happens every year starting from 22nd November (11:48:05 AM) Peter Kowal: No but if I knew I would not have, but you would think someone would have done the right thing and told me. (11:48:20 AM) Eric: We have bulked email to everyone (11:48:32 AM) Eric: So technically, you missed the information (11:49:03 AM) Peter Kowal: I wasn’t on your list till after I placed the purchase. (11:49:20 AM) Peter Kowal: this is my first build (11:49:22 AM) Eric: Have you subscribed to the newsletters before placing the orders? (11:49:50 AM) Peter Kowal: No I only just learnt about you from the Diy skateboard builders forum (11:50:17 AM) Eric: Now it’s not possible to refund the difference as per the terms and conditions as it’s already shipped (11:50:29 AM) Eric: Tracking ID: EA325265497CN (11:50:42 AM) Eric: Tracking Link: https://t.17track.net/en#nums=EA325265497CN (11:51:35 AM) Peter Kowal: I thought that’s where this conversation was going, lesson learnt, wow (11:52:05 AM) Eric: Black Friday and Cyber Monday sales are scheduled every year (11:52:21 AM) Eric: You must’ve ask live chat support before placing the order (11:52:33 AM) Eric: Like everyone does (11:53:07 AM) Peter Kowal: yep (11:53:24 AM) Eric: Thank you for the feedback (11:53:26 AM) Eric: and (11:53:28 AM) Eric: Thank you for chatting with us. Have a nice day! (11:53:32 AM) *** Eric left the chat ***

I have to say that sounds frustrating.

However, I don’t think it is unfair or anything. A little research and you would have known to wait.

You can’t expect them to retroactively give discounts. Where would it end?

But, who knows @CarlCollins is responding right now.

3 Likes

https://www.enertionboards.com/shipping-returns/

If you need to return an item, simply log in to your account, view the order using the “Complete Orders” link under the My Account menu and click the Return Item(s) button. Return your unwanted item/s to us with the issued return authorization number in original re-saleable as new condition & in the original packaging within 300 days of the purchase date & at our discretion, you will receive a refund, or store credit to the value of all goods returned.

This took me less time to find than reading your rant.

@Pete75 Black Friday sale is something which happens in November (almost every year) So if your order is already dispatched before it or if you placed your order before the sale There is no way to refund the order just for the sale (after it gets shipped). 2ndly, to get the news updates, you have to subscribe to our newsletter, Facebook, YouTube or Instagram I have checked our system and you haven’t subscribed to any of these.

We have Live chat support for you guys, hit them and ask them about the discounts, sales etc.

Anyways, I am adding $50 AUD store credits to your account

If you want to return the item then you can return it but as per the terms, you have to cover the shipping charges.

Just an advise, Please follow our newsletters and social media to stay up to date with our promotions and discounts. Our system only works if your email is in the system otherwise there is no way you will be getting an information about the promotions.

13 Likes

Also, you can’t return an item saying that price got discounted now, because there will be many more promotions coming up so you will be in the position of always returning the stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Unexpected, but appreciated action on your part!

8 Likes

@totalgeek9224 Just trying to ease his pain :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Boy do i have some pains for you! :joy::joy:

2 Likes

@totalgeek9224 I don’t think I remember any :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Image result for empty wallet

7 Likes

Same here man :stuck_out_tongue: 0d7a20d35a21901315a84755d74d53b7

8 Likes

That was good of you Carl but I really don’t think it was necessary. Buyers remorse shouldn’t cost enertion in this case

12 Likes

@brenternet I know man but I think we can handle in this case :slight_smile: Because it’s only 4 days margin

2 Likes

What’s that beautiful leather thing you have there?! I can’t afford one. I use a :paperclip:

That’s awesome @CarlCollins it’s always great when vendors become human and see the pain from the consumer’s side.

I have to agree that you should’ve seen that coming. Most of us have been holding back on spending just for today’s splurge.

7 Likes

@Mikenopolis That’s something I found on the road ,(initially was muddy), Now I am waiting for some bucks to be found :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

Lol I don’t even have a :paperclip: I just stuff some pennies into my pocket

4 Likes

Who needs a $100 wallet and no money when you can have no wallet and $100 :wink:

4 Likes

@12meterkuk Man, How can you handle them? :slight_smile:

1 Like

@totalgeek9224 Point noted :slight_smile: You just pulled this thought out of my head :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Great (broke) minds think alike!

1 Like