Enertion messed up again. Reaching out to the community

i did the same thing. I checked for square rods of the appropriate size and didn’t see any.

I’m at lowes so much they wave at me when i walk in.

Are Lowes and Home Depot’s not considered hardware stores? I always perceived them as one.

EDIT: weird the message above mine disappeared…

No sir, lowes and the depot are one stop shopping for the home owner. A hardware store has a better selection of hardware.

Edit: I might have accidentally made it disappear, because I was trying to add to it and I didn’t push the right button or whatnot… I just got off shift drinking a couple beers before bed, computing on my new s7 phone

This is the only place i jave gotten responses from enertion (in a timely manner) and ace does carry the key. Its in there little slide out boxes with every size possible. They also have bearings and alot of metric nuts and bolts, lowes and homedepot dont carry much of that. They only carry what they can sell alot of.

1 Like

i just ordered a sack of 50 3x3x16mm keys. Hopefully i’ll be able to have some on hand for a while, they seem to be one of the things i drop on the floor or misplace on a pretty regular basis.

So once they come in i’ll be happy to share a few if somebody loses theirs. The floor of my shop is like the void of the universe. Things just disappear forever it seems lol

2 Likes

Haha, that is even better than what I just ordered yesterday…wanted 18mm and 15mm-20mm keys from key stock lol https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B002RRUG58/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

2 Likes

haha, and in a massive show of respect for @longhairedboy I also got his recommendation of gear puller lol

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00T8WI7E2/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Magnets … just get a big magnet…put it in the shopvac so the crap hits it first

https://www.ebay.com/itm/361308152742

Then pluck out the metal pieces with a need nose plier …

1 Like

Be careful with heat guns and motors. If you are not careful you’ll heat the can which either melts the magnets adhesive, making them loose, or the heat itself demagnetises them.

When I heated my loctite glued pulley to get it off the shaft it was not more than handwarm on the motor site. I only applied heat to the pulley and the shaft on the pulley site. Took a while but then it came off. When also a key is in you would have a hard time I guess. Maybe you should only use a little drop of loctite when you use a key to stop rattling.

thats how you do it. to prevent your motor from damaging just capsulate it with something that´s not transfering heat, like 2 pieces of wood :slight_smile:

But the pulley could transfer heat to the shaft and then to the motor. I think it would be better if you attach a big metal plate in front of the motor (when there is space) that acts as heatsink.

They’re right about the effortlessly part. USually i can pull the pulleys off by twisting the bolt by hand but when you can’t a socket on the end of a low speed drill will bring it right off without a scratch, and the bolt fits into that 8mm bore beautifully, so no need to use a screw or anything else as a shim.

that’s… that’s a huge duh moment right there. MAgnets in my shop vac… why didn’t i think of that? lol