Enertion mono drive kit (trucks spray painted gold)

This still for sale?

Yes it is sir

So you’re selling the whole thing but the battery is messed up?

I’m selling the drive train the battery is fixed

That includes the esc, battery, remote and all?

Just this part

If you want a complete let me know your budget and I will happily build you one

Ohh okay gotcha and I’m seriously considering that but I’m a college student so money is tight and I don’t wanna have a crap board bc I don’t have the money to buy an expensive one ya know? Do you think 150-200 would get me anything reliable?

Short answer no

Edit: it doesn’t have to be a thousand dollar board but except to spend 500 dollars if you want something that you feel comfortable carrying around with zero issues a 10s4p batter is roughly 400-450 dollars alone. I think you would need to be really creative or have access to a lot of tools to build a good one for less. At 100 dollars is about what u will spend on a good esc

Didn’t think so lol that’s why I’m looking used

Even used will bring you over 500. Many of these parts can last a lifetime if kept in good condition

Okay cool thanks

Hope I don’t sound like an ass feel free to ask questions but read a bit more

You’re good man I’ve been researching I just came here to get a feel for what’s possible and what people are doing… I have the money to get a decent one but if I go to that extent I’ll be out of my spending money and I just prefer to have a little space in my acct ya dig

I feel you yea just save up for a good one it’ll be better for ur wallet in the long run

Yeah I probably will now lol thanks man

1 Like

I’d just like to point out that I’m a college student too, and my first build was pretty kick-ass and cost less than $500, so I do think it’s do-able.

ESC: VESC - $120 Motor: 6374 sk3 - $70 Batteries: 2x 3s, 5000 mah lipo - $46 trucks: caliber II on amazon - $35 wheels: 83 mm flywheel clones - $25 gearing: abec 16/36 from Torqueboards - $47 motor mount: Hobbyking one: $8 (I didn’t use this but its the cheapest option right now) charger: hobbyking lipo charger: $23 remote: G2B - $25 board: existing penny deck I already had.

Total: $399

And then add another $50 for wiring, connectors, and diy enclosure.

Yea I wouldn’t take lipos around though someone here burnt down there house and Idk who has time in college to sit next to them while they are charging. I think it’s doable but after a few months you will want to replace things or have to replace the loops if they puff which happens sometimes at random

I literally left mine in my dorm room charging all the time while I slept/went to dinner. No problems with them, and that was without even balance charging (cause I’m too lazy to do it). Did have to replace 1, but it was more preventative than anything.

I honestly think the whole lips blowing up thing it over-blown. Of course everyone hears about it when some off-brand cheap limo blows, but no one hears about the thousands of lipos that don’t have any problems. I’m not saying it can’t happen, just that it’s less common than it’s made out to be.

Haha It’s not garunteed but when I’m putting my roommates life and personal belongings in potential danger well I just wouldn’t take the risk but good point I should have told him if he used lipos it was much more possible

1 Like