Enertion Nano-X binding issue (resolved)

Just for the sake of interest. Does it bind when you squeeze the cable that is attached to channel 1 (somewhere between the vesc and the receiver)?

I have exactly the same issue but it binds always when I squeeze the cable. Have you tried to use the Winning receiver with the Nano-x controller (… possibly makes no sense).

Cheers

1 Like

I have the Nano X as well and no problems. But try again the initial binding step. connecting the servo cable to channel 1 or 2 and then the loop cable that came with the Nano X into the binding position. Then wait till they connect, unhook the binding loop cable and restart the ESC. Then it should work. I have sometimes the issue that it doesn’t connect. But if I turn the Nano X on first and then the ESC, I don’t have any problems.

I received a mail today that they left the country for making some contracts and return after the 12th. Regular mail from the webpage should be finde after the 12th

So my Nano x started working every time now out of no where. Take that with a grain of salt though cause it very well may not last long. But if it does then this remote is as awesome as I was hoping.

Well, I hooked my receiver up with an external 5V power supply (no signal line attached to VESC) and the remote binds every time! Maybe I’ll get this issue resolved sooner than anticipated.

Ok, resolved, the signal line was half broken, all works again!!!

Maybe this is a good test for the other Nano-Xses out there which never worked or stopped working. Hook it up to an external source (just +5V and GND). Should bind in seconds!!!

I don’t know how he did it, but @onloop has magically fixed a bunch of remotes!

2 Likes

LOL, that was awesome… I think he hired a reaaaaallllllyyy good priest, or maybe used some secret RX voodoo :).

Seriously! I was about to throw the remote against the wall the first day so I just put the board in the corner for a few days and then I tried it again and it has worked ever since!

never got a loop cable with mine

Yeah me neither, just remote and receiver. Not even any instructions.

I just opened my Nano-X yesterday and tried to bind it with no luck. I picked it up from the group buy through Michaelinvegas. I also went through a bunch of threads in search of advice that would work. No luck. It will not bind while my TB12s esc is plugged in. The moment I pull the esc signal wire, it binds instantly. I’m also using a TB bec to power the system. It’s such a basic remote compared to what I use for my rc’s. Pretty sure something is up. I’m off to contact enertion support. What has been everyone’s experience with repairs?

P.S. When I plug the remote in to charge I don’t get any led’s. Is this normal?

Cheers, Kev

Mine shows a red LED only when partially charged. Once fully charged all LEDs are off.

Not sure about the signal cable. This issue is still not resolved.

1 Like

Thanks @anon42702729, I’m just not sure what it’s doing when I plug it in. Enertion support contacted me after they saw my post above. I’ve replied and hopefully the conversation will continue after the weekend. Basically they said they have no stock to send a new receiver and I need to send it to a repair agent. I will ask about the charging too.

I have the same issue. Once I disconnect the signal wire, it binds right away. I was thinking of putting a NC (Normally closed) pushbutton inline with the signal wire so that I could just hit the button to momentarily disconnect the signal line and get it to bind. I did the remove the sticky foam mod from one of the other forum posts, and that did not work. I am thinking that it might have something to do with a floating signal pin and the need for a pulldown resistor. The signal pin might be floating in an undefined state with some residual voltage in it, and this might cause an issue for the binding process. I might try to add a pulldown resistor to see what happens.

Link on info to Pull-up and pull-down resistors.

Thats a pretty good idea with the NC button. To me though this is a safety concern and if it’s not working properly then I don’t trust it. I would still feel like i’m waiting for it to fail in some way at some point. I just sent mine in today for service, The post office said guaranteed delivered tomorrow. It’s been a swift and courteous experience so far, and even better since Enertion contacted me first after seeing my post here. I would contact them for help. Once I explained what happened they told me to send it in. Perhaps they know and can advise you on a fix I if you are able to do it yourself. I don’t want to void any warranty.

I shipped my Nano-X to an Enertion repair agent on Tuesday, he received it on Wednesday. He fixed it and I had it back by Friday. Top notch service and excellent communication. I tested it out and it charges when plugged in and now binds in under 5 seconds. It’s getting warmer here. Hopefully I can get out for a long run soon. Cheers!

Thank you @carl.1 & @onloop

3 Likes

How did you get the return process. They sent me a message but no shipping info.

This may help. At least it’s something to look for.

They contacted me after I posted on this thread. If you are having an issue I am sure they will contact you as well or you could pm enertionsupport.

Yep. I think that may be one of the receivers that I sent @blasto. Both of my nano-x’s bind every single time with no issues now. It’s nice that this fix can be done by anyone with a soldering iron.