Enertion nano x ISSUE , reverses the thrust while riding!

That’s what I do on my Nano x that I got last year. Remote on, full throttle for half a second, full brakes, then turn the board on. Same when u first set the ppm values for your master vesc.

If I don’t, the acceleration seems ok but brakes are not gradual and engage almost fully even when u pull the throttle back for 1mm. I have a sticker on the remote that says I should do this before turning the board on. I didn’t see the sticker first and wasn’t sure what I did wrong, then @Jinra pointed out I need to do it ever time.

2 Likes

Seems like a giant pita to have to do this everytime you turn it on! Is it just the nano x needs this?

You get used to it very quickly.

Carl, The sticker shows the calibration process and the sheet/ link you provided shows how to bind. These remotes bind automatically. What they don’t do is calibrate automatically. Point again is the calibration info being on a sticker is great, but it’s not in the manual or in the update log using the qr code.

The calibration procedure is the same whether on a raptor 2 and or a diy board. Most of us are using all the same components as a raptor 2. I am using two focbox’s and a nano-x. I just would like you to look into updating the manual with the missing calibration info. You could do it in the update log. Otherwise it’s nowhere to be found but on a sticker on the remote itself and the raptor 2 box.

1 Like

This calibrationshown here is just to verify the remote is not reversed. And it sort of obvious as we would immediately catch such an issue at the start of the ride. So we can t be injured by “not calibrating” But the whole world “calibrate “ their board then before a ride. The point is we all are aware if the throttle works at the start of the ride

Fully agree!!! I almost got injured!! The board braked at full speed!!!

My nano x randomly switches the forward throttle to brake. So I would just be cruising along, then I pull the throttle backward to slow down, then when I try to accelerate – it brakes!!! Then it’s back to normal again. I can’t believe I waited 3 months for this remote to arrive. My old Winning remote is much safer than this.

You may be holding the button on the left side of the remote under the LED’s. Hold it for a few seconds and it will reverse your input

I know what that button does. The issue is that it only switches the forward throttle to brake for a second then it’s back to normal (i.e. forward throttle accelerates the board again).

Never heard that before.

Pm me your details, I’ll send you out another one.

1 Like

Hi

Did your issue get resolved?

Nope. I think it happens around areas with lots of interference

Can you please contact me via Live chat on Enertion website? Let’s sort this out

I think there is an issue in that remote. The reverse functiom got activated randomly for me 2 times while riding this is extremely dangerous!!! Enertion sent me a new remote.

Still I think the thumb course is too short and gives sudden accelerations , more felt on a high power setup

You never pmd me your details.

Hi bara

i thought I did , but may I please kindly ask what do you them for?

bara works for enertion

@barajabali sent me another nano x, but still has the same issue. I tested it today around the areas where my old Winning remote would simply cutoff for a sec and the nano x would still randomly brake (like fully brake) when I accelerate. I connected my Winning remote just to make sure that my board wasn’t causing this and it worked just fine.

If I wasn’t aware of this issue, I probably would have face-planted a few times.

Try soldering your wires onto the receiver instead of plugging.

On the same note, I havent search or anything is there a way to make remote reconnect on power off/on without reseting power on the board?