Enertion R-SPEC DRIVE KIT | Best Build Competition - WIN CASH BACK

Great idea. I’ll sit this one out to give someone else a chance :joy::joy:

2 Likes

Don’t be scared! :rofl::wink:

3 Likes

I really like them, the first batch sucked due to bad urethane formula.

Current stock is really fun.

5 Likes

I asked custom service if they were in stock, they said at the end of the month. I would like to get some, but don’t want to hold up my order if there is a complication.

I have a competition to win.

5 Likes

Think you need about $1600. It’s $780 for one drive and unity. Contest makes it sound like you have to use both

1 Like

I guess I could probably put something together. Old parts with the new. Might be able to have some time this weekend. Just waiting for a new battery to get here. Ordered the new drive so I’ll end up using that in the end when it gets here. But for science…

IMG_20181123_211354

4 Likes

@onloop you give here the reason for me to take the plunge.

I have already ordered the unity when the first sale came up. So I don’t need the bundle. Buying the bundle is mandatory to make the contest or having the unity and the drive train is ? If it’s the first option can I cancel my first order of unity to transfer the money on the second order if that makes sense .obviously I won’t need 2 with 1 drive !

1 Like

Might be best to cancel the first order and get the unity at lower price in the bundle. Please email [email protected] or use the 24/7 chat and we can sort this out for you.

4 Likes

I have still yet to see anyone do a 2wd comparison race between hummie hubs and raptor 2 motors (preferably a 3rd unbiased party).

At some point, I think it becomes more about the system you have and how much power it can delivery to them. I am assuming these hubs can take high watts (2000 or so) without any issue, as hummie hubs can.

I really wonder how much the 24 tooth stator plays into this. More switching loses. You’ve made a large effort though to pull that heat away, where hummie hasn’t yet. However, hummie hubs don’t need all to of that to stay cool.

That’s the whole trick to hub motors. Less rolling resistance, but still good efficieny and torque without a lot of heat. Not entirely sure anyone has quite figured that out yet. Based on what I keep hearing, it seems you have 2.5 out of 3.

Now that these are going to be out in the diy wild, curious to see more about how they perform. You told us a long time ago that longer stator with be harder to dissapate heat. But so far, heat build up hasn’t been an issue at all.

Can’t wait to see what others do and how they perform. Glad to hear your using a 15mm axle. John said to me on day one that 8mm would have issues because it’s so long for 8mm. But sometimes, you have to try anyways, for science.

Buy these and build some crazy builds. Need more over powered boards to race.

3 Likes

I have hummies as well, I might do it :wink:

Would love to see an unbiased look at them both. I said it a long time ago, collectively we can all push the industry forward by understanding each others points of views and learning from it. Im sure both sides have learned and/or are learning from each other. Combining ideas is the best path to quicker innovation. Keeping stuff hush hush slows things down and is better for buisness. The good thing is, with motors, it can all be reverse engineered. So nothing is a secret once it hits the public.

1 Like

You all are discussing about 4wd and all of that cool stuff and I’m sitting here like… looks cool… takes a look inside wallet… nope :joy:

14 Likes

With hummie hubs, $800 for 4wd. Get 4x focboes now for $400 and I just got a 12s 25ah lipo for $400. $1600 later you’ll have a 50 mile range rocket with insane power.

Can do the same thing here with raptor hubs, just a bit more money. If money is an issue, skip the unity and just buy focboxes. $200 cheaper for 4wd.

3 Likes

The problem is that I don’t even have $1600… :slight_smile: I would love to have some hummie hubs but right now it’s pretty difficult to get them :joy: Otherwise it’s a neat idea…

Edit: If there is anyone who would like to sell me their hubs (I doubt there will) just send me a pm :smile:

@onloop sorry for hijacking your thread

3 Likes

Nay, impossible

2 Likes

ONLY 10 DAYS TO GO

1 Like

Do people need more time?

Can we enter The Americana? :wink:

Just posted up my build. Please take a look! This was my first custom build so please let me know your thoughts! Any feedback, suggestions, opinions are appreciated!

3 Likes

Very nice brother! You built this battery enclosure yourself? I love the exhaust fan too.

4 Likes