Enertion Raptor Diary

Enertion have kindly offered to send me one of their new nano-x remotes free of any charge. Though I’d already decided to go with and ordered “the mini” remote as it’s been tried and tested by this community with great feedback, and it has an antenna, so I’m confident it will resolve my connection problem. There’s really not too much for Enertion to do with my case, other than helping me with settings and such, and they’re very fast at responding to my emails. Jason even responded to one on Sunday… I honestly cannot fault their customer service in any way. I’m just hoping they give me a “VIP club” discount on a replacement Raptor deck outer casing when I decide to swap mine out. This damaged carbon fiber is giving me bad dreams lol It’s soo beautiful but this ghastly ding is killing me :unamused:

2 Likes

I say just get a GT2B and call it a day. They are super reliable and only cost $30 on amazon. It would be much faster and less of a hassle than trying to get Enertion to replace your remote.

1 Like

Already ordered “the mini” remote yesterday…

This one: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/2-4Ghz-mini-remote-controller-with-receiver-for-electric-skateboard-longboard/32607181070.html?spm=2114.13010608.0.82.DXpgnp8

“Status: The seller has shipped your order Reminder: Your order should arrive within 7-15 Days,” :slight_smile:

Just had an interesting idea: I think I’m gonna try attaching “the mini” remote’s receiver to the underside of my Raptor’s lid, then drill a small hole to thread this antenna through and have it secured under the grip-tape… this way connection should be SOLID. (n yes I understand when removing the lid in future I’ll need to be careful and unplug the receiver cable to fully remove it, tho once set up right I don’t see why I would ever need to remove it…)

Plenty of people have working raptors. It just most people decide to talk about it publicly on the forums if they have a fault, if there is no fault they don’t say much.

We have sold just under 150 raptors since November 2015. As a small business running out of a garage in Australia we are very grateful for support of our customers. I think people can see that we are working hard to to build the best eboard in the market and that’s why people across the globe have chosen to support us.

There were definitely some teething problems in the first batch. There were some motors that had excess wires inside which eventually rub together due to vibrations. There were some raptors that had carbon fiber lids replaced with new (free of charge) lids that didn’t block rf signals. There have been some other random issues too. But that is normal for a product like this. Even if we spent a week testing each one problems can still occur once the product is being used.

To give some perspective, Evolve has issues, boosted too, marbel has tons of issues… I don’t think there is one brand without a report of a fault.

What is most important is warranty. We offer 12 months instant replacement on anything faulty. We also have repair agents in Europe and US.

We will also be offering special upgrade options to the first 150 raptor customers, this is very important as we are a very agile business that is constantly developing and innovating and we don’t want to leave our customers behind.

So if you like industry leading warranties, industry leading top speed, free world wide shipping, modular design to make maintanence easy, latest technology upgrades at massively discounted prices… the raptor might be a good choice.

4 Likes

Fair play to you Jason (and staff), I was so stoked to see @Alexander’s Raptor in the flesh on Sunday, mean machine. Motors sounded awesome and the whole package is brilliant. I think it’s just one of those things, technology and innovations sometimes come with problems… but it’s good to know you’re on top of things when issues arise.

1 Like

@Alexander I agree w this! GT2B is currently the most reliable and robust. Rechargable battery and field-tested. I went through 3 different remotes before I finally bought a GT2B and I’ve never had a dropout since I switched.

That is SO TRUE! and we as a community often overlook this fact. Of all the big fully-financed companies producing e-skates right now, the one I and many others have chosen (for good reason) is the Enertion Raptor, that’s made in some dude’s garage with like 4 employees, n a dog… :slight_smile: I think that’s quite a feat just in itself and worth mentioning again. Serious props J!! Your dedication and passion for what you’ve created is very evident and I for one will do all I can to support Enertion’s continued success. I don’t drink anymore but if I did I’d cheers to that!

More so than “the mini”? Is there anyway to compare their safety/connection records? A few people above said they are identical in this aspect… So I’ve already ordered “the mini”. How do their internals differ? Because their receivers looks similar and they both have antennas. Which seems like a very necessary component…

1 Like

Sorry @Alexander I hadn’t read the whole thread to see that you bought the mini… the mini is good, I have one and it doesn’t drop. GT2B has a rechargeable battery and more configurable features, but the mini does a good job. Side-by-side, GT2B is has a higher build quality in my view, and is meant for more advanced RC usage, which is probably why it is so reliable for esk8.

I have about 1000 miles on each of them, and no drop outs so far. So , just go with what you like more…

Edit: The gt2b is too large, so you would need to mod it. The mini is much more comfortable in that way.

Thanks brother. That was my deciding factor funnily, so I’ve ordered the mini. Following it on DHL tracking currently. Will probably still have a few questions tho when it comes time to install and set it up I’m sure.

So my “mini” remote system coming from Hong Kong is taking foreeeverrrr to arrive, yes I know I only ordered it yesterday but I can see they now need 7 days before even giving it to DHL for some ungodly reason, SO, in the meanwhile I’ve just ordered a GT2B via Amazon that arrives tomorrow, holla at ur Raptor :slight_smile: I’m so not a patent dude, really need to work on that lol

My mini came after a week. I order a lot via aliexpress and normally it needs 3 weeks but this one came by express with free shipping.

Is there a difference between “motor settings” and “application settings” because when I did the Firmware update on the Master VESC all my motor settings remained… (just curious if I’ve missed something).

I think you were very lucky in that instance bro, my mini’s DHL tracking info still says “Shipment information received”, not even package* received. So DHL in HK haven’t even began processing it through their system yet. For all I know dude is in his sweatshop cranking out mine/more as we speak lol. Regardless today I got that first-cellphone-ever lookin remote coming :slight_smile: (TR3B or whatever its called) So can get on with some long overdue playing.

YAYYY SUCCESS [insert happy dance] !! Just came back from my first proper ride with no connection issues or problems whatsoever, she worked like a dream!! This Raptor is so much fun!! I imagine many electric skateboards give you a similar feeling, reminiscent to snowboarding in many ways, but being able to blast up steep hills is absolutely incredible. LOVE THIS RAPTOR!! Totally going make a video of me blasting up some gnarly hills in the coming days,

4 Likes

(Day 3) Raptor Report:

I F&%KING LOVE THIS THING!!! Just WOW!! The Raptor Duel is a caged beast just waiting to be unleashed.

If you’re a fairly light guy like me (60kg fully clothed) there’s absolutely no way you’ll need to ride this thing on max settings and that in itself is a BEAUTIFUL thing. Instead of having to cane the shit out your board and it’s components to achieve an exhilarating cruising-about speed, you just have to give it maybe 50% of the Raptors potential and you’ll be FLYING!! Even up the steepest/longest hills. Where I live it’s seriously hilly and this thing just laughs at them, like “is that all?!” lol. Plus the noise these two motors make sound like a fighter jet taking off, in every way this has exceeded my expectations, dramatically!

I took it up to London yesterday on the train and rode it like one would a motorbike through the city, such fun!! Totally kept up with the flow of traffic, no slower than any of the pizza delivery scooters. London is definitely an e-skate friendly city. Everyone was super nice and amazed at what the Raptor was capable of.

Cruising through Knightsbridge on my way into Hyde Park there were the typical incredibly wealthy young middle-easterners driving about in their super/hyper-cars, yet many were more interested, at least in that moment, in the Enertion Raptor :slight_smile: I wouldn’t be surprised if those last few VIP Club places were taken by customers from London now, at all. Had I been wearing an Enertion T-Shirt I’m sure Jason would be inundated with new Raptor orders (@onloop , that’s not a bad idea actually, get promo/PR street teams Raptering through cities wearing Enertion garb, asap!!).

I raised my Motor Max and Battery Max BLDC settings slightly today. 40 and 20 respectively - Now she’s perfect!! Her name’s Sammy btw :wink: Lots of video’s to follow in the coming days. Guess I’ll just add to this thread whenever I post. One love all

4 Likes

Please don’t tell us she goes to bed with you…:heart_eyes:

Haha she is pretty god damn sexy :wink: Named in the same vein you’d name a yacht though.

1 Like