My instructions to reduce the aggressive low-speed power of the raptor.
NOTE: please test with lid off first! This is to make sure your problem is not related to poor signal, if nothing changes with the lid off & the signal seems responsive its fair to assume you can get some results with the below instructions.
1. Reduce motor current.
- See “Motor Max” change this to 40
- To reduce the brake force, change “Motor min (regen)” - this is also rider weight dependent. Maybe try -10 or -20 to get it perfect you will need to use trial & error.
2. Re-tune or customize the PPM settings.
- Adjust the “Soft RPM Limit” settings
- Increase the Deadband
Watch this video too:
3. Limit Top Speed using RPM limits You might also try setting the ERPM Limit Start at 20000 This will start limiting the Speed at around 10km… Could be a good idea until you get your bearings. Otherwise maybe try these settings below… Its really up to you. You can tune this to meet your expectations.
My instructions to reduce the chance of unexpected shut down due to low voltage & voltage sag.
1. Utilise the VESC’s built in LVC settings