Enertion Raptor Reviews

I will make a lenghty comparison after 350km. Mainly to the boosted and my diy build of wich i both rode more on. Daily commute of 10km per way adds up quick :wink:

Edit: i also want to change the remote because i dont like it, it broke already and it is too small for my big hands ( I am 2,04 m). Probably will see what most poeple would like to change to, do it and do a tutorial for those who might be frightened to do themselves.

Hey no problems here, just to let you know. But today I experienced one motor turning off for the first time. Fixed it by turning the board off and on again.

Also one big 3300uF cap?

I have not had any startup issues yet I’m not sure which caps I have, because I didn’t open the heat shrink tubing yet. My VESCs are wrapped fully in the black shrink tubing as you can see in this video I made earlier.

Next time I have my lid open I can check though.

Edit: in the video you can actually see it is one of the big 3300uF capacitor. Thanks @magnetvox for spotting that and correcting me.

Check connection of master vesc to slave, and connection of slave motor to vesc through boad.

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Forum Etiquette - Speak your mind OR Shut your mouth?

Quick idea remark. It hit 220 km on my Raptor now, so I checked every screw, took care of the bearings etc. Then i took the Lid of and saw that a lot of dust was inside. The 2 cutouts (plug/switch and bms screen) allow dirt to get into the board-enclosure. So my Idea is using some special ruber band with adhesive to put around the oppening from the inside to close it off nicely. Its 0.8mm thick and very soft. Sounds like a good idea?! Or am I doing a mistake? Uploading…

I noticed same thing, but I’ve been cleaning it every few rides so it doesn’t accumulate.

1 Like

I put an acylic cover taped under lid for screen. Some foam tape to edges of lid. But yeah sealling around charger on off cut out a good idea to keep dust out. As long as not pushing on battery to much.

Same here. Going to take the wheels off too on monday when the abec 11 arrive. Thats kind of like the only way how to clean it with being able to reach every angle of dirt outside.

Thought about the abecs11 as well. Let me know how much different it feels :wink:

2 Likes

http://www.electric-skateboard.builders/t/esk8tube-video-thread/47/481?u=esol

1 Like

Yep that is exactly what i was afraid off. Poeple will compare the customer service and effort they may need to put into the raptor with other luxury buys they made. I am way worse than many guys on here when it comes to Vescs and electronics, so I am not even going to pretend how to fix it. But if somone took care of their Vesc and secured them somehow additionally mayby upload a picture/Video. Because to be honest i didnt check mine (hard to see anything shrink tube and position so cramed i cannot se much) so that doenst happen to me. Got way more distance out of it already though

So i have hit around 255km on my Raptor and first issues showed themselves today. 1.) acceleration sometimes cuts out, meaning uphill or straight i cannot go faster it just keeps the speed even though you press the throttel on the remote. Then a few seconds somehow you get hit with the full throttel. Scary shit sometimes. Any ideas what the cause may be ? And how to fix it ? (happened about 5 times in the 20 min i rode)

2.) Somehow the raptor is much more noisy all of the sudden, also a different sound got added to the mix, sort of click clack but in rapid sucsession. I checked the alignment, the belts, the tension etc. All that i can see seems to be fine (though im hardly an expert). Tipps, ideas suggestions ?

I somehow got a bad feeling, like I will die on me. Im rode it back home like it was made out of glass. :slight_smile:

Difference in sound is usually a good trigger to get everything checked before it gets to a point where something gets unfix-able broken. Check if your circlips on your rotor are still in the right positions (try moving the motor bell) Check if both motors can spin equally by hand and with full throttle. When you leave the controller in neutral they should come to an almost even stop. Check the 4 bolts of the motor in the carbon fibre mount haven’t loosened. Check the bolt on your pulleys

If you have this occurring again, don’t shut down the battery and hook it up to the BLDC tool. Go to the terminal part and type fault. See if the VESC reports errors

Thank you for your Input.

I did all the points above and all is O.K. The only thing is the following. How much wiggel or room to move should the pulley have outwards and rotational. So if i pull on the motor pulley it comes a little tiniy bit to the outside so you can hear it wiggle if you push and pull. Same if i hold the mottor and try to rotate the pulley. Again movement, tiny bit.

It should be very very minimal.(read the pulley should move together with the rotor.) Can you tighten the pulley screw so it doesn’t move solo?

At high rpm this could cause your clicking sound…

No I cannot ttighten them anymore. Check every screw, all wires, VESC, basically everytthing i am capable of. Going to put some gear on and drive around te lake for 20 min. Mayby it will be worse or better we will see.

Same thing here. The pulley can be pulled and pushed out a bit but it doesnt seem like a problem. Tomorrow my flywheels come and Ill check if I can fix and tell you about it

After the first four rides I have a few problems as well. Ill add pictures.

• Defective wheels (same as @Djupex)
  • “Strage” apparence sourround of a screw
  • Uneven motos (They are not well aligned)

Ive rode on normal pavements and for ca 20 meters on cobblestone. No accidents so far…