Long time lurker, first time poster. I wanted to start this new thread to communally discuss the next batch of raptors that are coming out. I want to use this as a platform to round up all the information that has been posted on different threads about the expectations for the raptor Such as shipping dates, added features, etc.
Here is what I’ve found through previous threads as well as pms with @onloop:
- Pure carbon fiber lids have been replaced with Fiberglass lids. They have the same carbon fiber pattern
- VESC setting modifications:
- custom ppm settings
- soft limit set in place to prevent unplanned shutdown from high current draw on a low battery
- potential modifications to motor current
- potential modification to brake strength
- Better QA on bolts
- cause: first batch had some liquid preventing tight bolting on the thread locker
- Push button replaced with toggle switch on battery
- Injection molded wheel pulley (thanks, @Adam0311)
- Foam gasket to reduce vibration (thanks, @onloop)
- 6 screws to hold lid down (thanks, @onloop)
- Phone app for changing VESC settings w/ presets
- seems to be underway through @jacobbloy (potentially independent work but metes same end goal)
- IP68 electronics enclosure
- Battery option w/ 33% greater capacity
- solved (?) with new space cell pro 4 batteries
Questions left to be determined
- Expected ship date for next batch
- CF decks didn’t arrive until around April 1st, 2016
- “Nearly all the outstanding orders will ship this month, there is a chance some of the very recent orders won’t have a vesc to go inside them until the next VESC batch arrives” - @onloop
- what order #s will be included in next batch?
Updates suggested by current Raptor owners:
- Shorter bolts for enclosure to reduce time spent screwing/unscrewing
- Orders before February 27th:
- Shipment should be getting out the week of April 17-April 23. My order feel in this group but has not shipped yet.
- On February 27th: Some will ship the week of April 17- April 23, some by May 4th
- After March 13th: Waiting on VESCs, could be about 4 weeks, still unclear.
Status of raptors (as per vlog post on youtube):
- 30 raptor decks in house, construction has begun
- another 10 decks should be coming in next week ( week of April 17, 2016 )
- Wheels came in mid may
Status of raptors as of April 20th (as per post on youtube
- Shipment dates were clarified (see above).
As of May 11th, Shipments have begun for the next batch.
As of May 23rd, VESCs have started coming in to be completed. Shipments for orders that need VESCs will shortly resume