I am looking to trial a new idea to help get batteries into Europe.
12 months ago I could ship a battery anywhere in the world for between $60-80USD Each. Unfortunately, the price has tripled for my Europe customers so shipping using express to your door is not viable anymore and in some cases the option is not actually even available if you are willing to pay the high price. Mostly this is due to aviation regulations and strict guidelines for handling dangerous goods.
Currently, the best option to get batteries into Europe is shipping them via special Cargo Plane in Bulk consignments. The ideal size of a bulk consignment is around 100kg. This is equal to about 20 Batteries.
Example: target would be to sell 20 batteries each month & ship 20 batteries each month?
The next best option is to ship by sea, but that is not really viable until the quantity is larger, maybe 80 to 100 battery.
So my idea is to do monthly (or however long it take to reach the necessary qty) group buys for anyone in Europe that wants a battery.
The key Ingredients to make this work:
- One individual needs to be the designated recipient, they receive the goods & arrange to ship to the end user.
- The first recipient person gets a commission based on the total sales volume. Example $10-15 per battery.
- The first recipient doesn’t need to collect payments or be responsible for money as the order is placed directly with enertionboards.com
- Everyone who commits to the group buy can save on import duties & also receive a discount. (I believe I can arrange to pay import duties upfront based on the wholesale price - need to get more info on this from logistics company)
- The recipient should have some basic knowledge of sending parcels into EU countries.
- The recipient should learn about what countries they can ship a battery within the EU, anything sent via road is normally ok.
So really it’s not much different from any other group buy.
Please comment if you are interested in this idea.