Enertion Vesc with drv8032 fault code

why do you insist on making uninformed broad sweeping statements like this?

we just shipped 1000 vesc in the last 4 weeks… how many have you seen being reported as faulty?

Why do people get different capacitors? some get 63v and some get 50v (myself included)

I’m sure you need to send the broken one in anyways

I hope so.

Your assumption is people are using them immediately. The reality is, a lot of people get them and they sit on desks for a few months. Look at hummies hubs. He’s shipped to dozens of people over the last 8 months or so, and in the last month since you made that video, your finally seeing people use them. I bought two vesc’s from you, and I didn’t use them for 3 or 4 months until I could figure out a) how to use them and b) what I was going to use them with. It’s too early to know right now of the quality. I know chakas are of high quality, they’ve been out in the field for quite some time. These vesc’s are new, and barely tested. I would expect due to the manufacturing changes that they are better, but it’s like, why go to an untested source when there’s a tried and tested one?

2 Likes

4 posts were merged into an existing topic: Should ESK8 Vendors Make a PROFIT? or NOTHING?

About 100 people got a 50v cap. Has been tested and works well with 10S. If you are using 12s I’ll buy you some caps.

What questions do you want to ask?

If it’s somthing that can be answered here on the forum you should avoid emailing us.

Otherwise feel free to email us.

I am just interested to know why Chaka’s VESCs are less prone to breaking if you use the same high quality components? I have seen 4 reports of VESCs breaking in one day, and how many have actually been delivered? No hate, just interested to know. I’m sure your VESCs wont have any issues soon.

Is the drv chip fixable, or is it only replaceable? Where are the schematics for the drv chip?

what makes you think his VESC don’t fail?

… if his VESC never failed how did he get a reputation for offering great after sales service & repair on VESC??

the reason you hear about enertion VESC problems more often is because there are more enertion customers on this website & we sell more VESC units.

So far we have shipped 1000 VESC from our new American factory, we are the only VESC supplier who are assembling VESC to IPC-A-610 Class 2 standards, initial feedback is that failure rates are very low & we also have the best warranty to ensure anyone with a faulty VESC gets a brand new one sent to them.

AS of the 5th of August, VESC will ship same day they are ordered.

one of my 2 march 2016 vescs came with a drv8302 fault - hooked it up, first testspinup with notebook up & downarrow -> blinking LED right away. didnt even run motor detection nor did I change any settings at that point (hooked up to 6355 rspec).

when I hooked up the 2nd vesc in the exact same hardware environment, it worked right away.

I broke a few german vescs, but these were always my fault - this time I dont feel like I should assume responsibility, especially not after vesc no2 works flawless int he exact same environment. mailed enertion support, but no reply yet and reading through this thread I got a feeling Ill just be sitting there with a broken vesc that never ran once.

not sure whats that platinum vesc thing - when I ordered my vesc in the first march week, there were just vescs and nothing else. ontop of that it was written on the enertion page, that the vescs will ship from europe. I then specifically mailed you that question again to be sure and you said

“Yes, you have heard correctly and we are setting up an EU warehouse as we speak! it should be up and running for your VESC shipment.”

ok, “should be” leaves room for interpretation - if I knew I had to pay import taxes, I never wouldve ordered these vescs. basically now I bought 2 for the price of nearly 3 and all I got was 1. :joy:

2 Likes

@whitepony

Sorry to hear of your problems. As you are In EU it makes it harder for me to fix your problems.

However here are your options.

1. Buy the vesc warranty & I’ll send you a new one, maybe you will be charged tax I can’t guarantee you won’t… (This is a special option only for people who didn’t get that option due to ordering before it existed)

2. Return the vesc to our American manufacturer and we will get it repaired. Once again maybe you will get tax bill.

Regarding the EU distributor I am sorry to say the timing for this didn’t work out. I suppose we could have waited longer but there was so many people becoming impaitent. We couldn’t delay any longer. However it looks like we now have the option. All future VESC should be able to be shipped from Belgium. We will send them to Belgium with duty prepaid. So soon we can offer EU customer VESC shipments, without import tax and super fast same day shipping.

1 Like

is there any way for me to send my vesc to the us supplier to change the drv chip?

I’ve seen one report of a broken VESC from Ollin and I think it was from user error.

I feel that is where ollin usually gets screwed over with user error.

2 Likes

I’m quite sure @chaka tests his VESC throughly before shipment.

we built a custom made test rig, all VESC are tested before shipping.

1 Like

What problems does testing eliminate exactly? Does it just upload firmware or does it make sure they don’t have problems?

my repaired vesc was tested too - with 10V and superlow current. first time I connected it to 40V and spun up the motor once it showed drv8302 error. when I returned it to the repair guy, he just resoldered the drv chip and everything worked fine afterwards. so, even with testing, you can still get a vesc that will fail under some load without any user error really!

before I send something off to the US, i can just get it repaired for 60€ by our german vesc support.

about option 1: does it require me to return the broken vesc, or is a video, closeup and faults error log sufficient? with 50€ platinum and customs, its a very close call of doing that, or “buying a hot air soldering station” or “letting the german vesc repair guy fix it for 60€”.

either way, it was “false economy” for me.