EON Kickstarter

Lol I hate u guys lol

Looks decent.

1 Like

These guys have to be blowing smoke… lol

THE BIG QUESTION IS… how long until their hub motor becomes available to buy from the factory (on aliexpress etc)… people throwing shade on it probably didnt even watch the video long enough to descipher that THE HUB MOTOR MOUNTS ONTO ANY TRUCK… i guess theyve designed it to have the stator somehow grip onto a circular shaped axle… also there is a little sleeve thingy that slips pretty far over most cylindrical shaped hangers… probably because the axle most likely isnt long enough for the wider hub motors and are disgned for regular wheels that dip in on both sides… the video has a bunch of engineer dudes on solidworks designing the motor so im assuming that this is some kind of original design they are collaborating with the factory on…

do these types of hub motor mounts already exist? the only ones i have seen have some kind of square hole that holds them in place… or have some kind of flange bracket that bolts onto the stator…

because i would LOVE to do a diy build with dual hub motors of this type that can just slide onto my super 210mm wide “Tracker” trucks… and then spec out the proper esc and battery to go with everyhing…

everyone is so quick to exclaim “oh great another mellow rebrand” meanwhile did you look close enough to see that its impossible that they got it from the same factory becasue the motor is mounted in an entirely different way… this goes for landwheel, onan, etc as well… completely different hub motor than mellow just based on the immedately visible fact of how its mounted let alone if you opened it up to discover theyre not the same… mellow is also only produced in germany…

so if anything its a ripoff of the IDEA of selling just the drive train… which isnt really illegal or a patentable idea… just because mellow was the first to do it… btw… mellow is $1700+ and not better than a raptor 2 so wtf is with all the mellow dick sucking on this forum