Eovan Custom Battery Pack

I spit upon any corporate entity that engages in proprietary nonsense such as this. Ptooey. Looking at you, Sony, Future Motion and anyone else with shady business practices.

This isnt a criticism of you, @Wut. So you do have the programming box or cable to connect your esc and change settings then?

I remember those ridiculous Sony magic stick memory cards and how you needed a special USB adapter just to view pics on your PC if you didnt have a cable. Fun times. And dont get me started on the makers of the OneWheel.

1 Like

Left in the dark on what to do, i asked a cable subreddit and they said it was an XLR 3.0. Couldnā€™t find any cable online which is why i thought fuck it cut it off and see if i can rewire something else on.

Eovan doesnā€™t respond to any emails, myself and alot of others in the same boat. i dont know if they even would provide the cable but let start with a basic email reply firstā€¦ Their first board had accessible micro USB for VESC configuration.

1 Like

So you dont have the other end of the cable? Wow man, you could have just told us that from the beginning.

Iā€™ll be sure to steer clear of Eovan if they cant be bothered to sell accessories so you can change esc settings.

1 Like

you never asked, you said what does the other end connect to and i said it was for the vesc. If i had a cable i wouldnt have even brought it up

1 Like

Ok maybe I should have asked whats on BOTH ends of that cable.

So Eovan just programs escs from the factory and leaves you stuck with whatever config they decided on? Thats crummy.

Basically every chinese boards companies.

1 Like

As i was trying to get a poke in the heatshrink without hitting the battery, i realized how tight the battery is, and how iā€™m probably not going to have an easy time making my own in this form factor. Was going to use mboard pre cut nickel and its definitely not to be built slim like how this eovan pack is.

doesnt even feel like theres a BMS on the top part, i can only feel wires and nickel strips. The shrink wrap is extremely tight, im very nervous sticking anything in it i canā€™t even slip the tip of my blade in to make a hole

1 Like

The heatshrink will always be tight. But you can open it. Its not dangerous to open it (unless you jab it for some reasonā€¦). Just cut the upperside of the heatshrink with scissors and itā€™ll peel right off. It seems they siliconed the battery as well.

The bms is probably a small one like my other bms.

ive used a bunch of cutting tools, tweezers and heat and i cant make progress.

Is it safe to assume the pack is built like this - Inside an Electric Skateboard Battery (12s4p Samsung 30Q) - YouTube

My battery does feel hard, like thereā€™s a shell around it, if so can i just slice the sides to get the heatshrink off? I cant poke anywhere at risk at hitting something

If its built that way, you can safely cut it. Iā€™ve had one similar.