ESC braking and throttling up without even the remote on, really dangerous

Edit all the post’s if this is not a vesc . don’t use it’s name. Vesc is the best thing that have happened in the eskate history

I am doing that right now… I know it’a guessing issue… :slight_smile: That diyelectricboards ESC is cheap in comparison with focbox or VESC by Trampa… Nevermind me, shouldn’t have never trust my life with those… Thanks for the info guys, only Vesc now…

1 Like

I really thought it is a VESC what diyelectricskates sell… I removed the word VESC… It’s an ESC

1 Like

These are clones or derivate products. They are compatible with VESC-Tool. How well they are built, depends on the manufacturer, and the customer has to judge quality by feedback from other customers experience. This is why it’s good that everyone has to use the on brand to market their products. Otherwise poor quality output from xyz impacts the VESC project in a negative way. It’s not only the Hardware… Clone Software also can’t use the VESC brand for given reason.

1 Like

SO are you the only one with the real VESC?

There are a decent amount of quality clones available, focbox being one. Plenty of people have used it with great success. Then there are reliable and cheap vesc6 derivatives (Escape being one).

“real”, yah…well, Trampa obtained the rights to sell vesc hardware. It does not make the others fake. That’s in the end marketing, etc.

That Said, the diyeboard vesc derivative is known to be one of the worst.

I know Trampa’s Vesc and Enetion’s focbox is something I would trust, you say also escape, don’t know that one… will have a look… There is no reason trying to save money on something that has your life in it’s hands… Will never do the mistake again… Though I bought a used board that already came with the Torque escs…

Same here. I just completed a 25 km trip with super steep off-road hill climbs, loose sand, rocks etc. on a couple of motors and focboxes that ran 3000 km already. Mountain board abuse is about the worst you can have for electronics. I trust the focboxes.

i have diy hardware also. cant really say ive had issue except when i broke them being careless.

Yes, we sell the official hardware. In consequence we try to offer the highest quality possible, not compromising on design, parts and QC. We will not judge what others offer. Their customers will do that. I hope that more people will realize that saving 100 bucks is not worth it if the part is safety relevant. And I hope that more manufacturers will stop chasing the $ by cutting back quality, trying to offer the most price driven product. I think your statement is quite true.

Great info, I ride around 40 km every day and I have no bigger fear than not being able to ride cause something broke :slight_smile: 3000 km sounds nice and mountainboarding, niice :slight_smile:

I agree Ted, but when you have the option of buying an ESC for 90 euros vs VESC for 300 euros as a person that does not see inside of how the other ESCs are made, usually no one would debate, the one for 90 euros is enough… That is until the ESC sends you to the hospital and you realize why you should pay premium (or just keeps braking every 2 weeks…) Now I know…

Hard for me to judge new stuff, I already bought it used. Then it went downhill pretty quick with both of them diyelectrciskate ESCs

are you talking about torqueboard esc? because that is a vesc derivativ

yes, torqueboard esc

I have been riding for half an hour now without any problems…

@trampa he clearly states the term esc when talking about the problem not vesc. Its even in the title.

1 Like

pics of your setup and bldc settings might help finding out whats wrong. I’m running dual TB esc as well.

1 Like

Thankfully it’s changed now…

Well we certainly wouldn’t want any confusion now would we…